Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm back from my trip to Hawaii (which was amazing!) and now its only 2 more sleeps until I get my new little man. We've narrowed it down to two possible names and we will wait to meet him to decide between them depending on his personality. In Hawaii I managed to pick up a really warm little Hip Doggie fleece vest for him on sale which he will definitely need because it is so cold here. I'm getting his food tonight and after that I will be all prepaired to pick him up first thing Saturday morning - so excited!!!

Here is a new pic the breeder sent me the other day - he is such a little spunk!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
OOOOOhhhhh!!! I'm so excited too. Can you tell us the two names? I can't get over how close your family looks to Karen's. Ya'll look like twins across the world. lol So glad ya'll had a good time. I would love to go to Hawaii one day. I know you were glad to see Chleo and Axle, and I bet they just about had a fit to see you. Well, enough chitchat out of me just glad to have you back and can't wait for the little one.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Sarah my girl!!! :p I've missed you!

So glad to hear you had a nice trip!
And I'm very excited for you to get your new baby boy! :toothy8:

Hurry back and fill us in on all the details!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell us the two names?
We like Winston or Winnie for short and Frankie. I think Winston would be good if he is a little man with lots of attitude (which I think he is from the conversations with the breeder) and Frankie would suit if he is more of a quiet little cuddler.

·
Registered
163 Posts
aww very cute and congrads. im waiting to get my little man to. but i have to wait a whole month but the breeder gives me updates. i posted a picture of him, kind of looks like yours but has both white and tan. its a long wait but still excited. please keep us all updated :)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
so no billy eh? I like Winston and Frankie! My kid sis's name is Franki :) I bet you are soooo excited! Glad to hear you had fun in HI. We've missed you 'round here. Happy to be home?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im waiting to get my little man to. but i have to wait a whole month but the breeder gives me updates.
I've waited 5 weeks and it feels like forever! 1 extra week because I was away on holiday. Waiting a long time leads to much shopping temptation! I bought the little man 2 outfits while I was on holiday.

so no billy eh?
Craig didn't love it but he loves both winston and Frankie so we will just have to see what vibe he gives off when we pick him up.

Happy to be home?
I'm happy to be reunited with my furkids, Chloe peed herself 4 times when she saw us last night and Ax is more clingy than usual. They did love staying with my friend though as she has a pom x chi for them to play with and a big backyard. I'm not happy about the weather - it was about 80 degrees for most of our stay in Hawaii and its about 50 and raining here.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I bet they were so excited to see you guys! You're very lucky to have a friend who will take such great care of them.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're very lucky to have a friend who will take such great care of them.
Yep, she's a gem! One of those people who would do anything for you. She sent an update or a pic almost every day we were away so I felt like I could really enjoy my trip because they were well taken care of. Only problem is she's having a baby in 6 weeks and I feel obliged to offer to babysit and im scared of babies...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has Karen (jesuschick) seen him yet? Him and Hope would make a cute couple!
Yeah, we were remarking what similar looking fur families we will have. Hope would be an older woman for him though, he might get a crush on Gemma since she's closer to his age. How old is she now? Winnie/Frankie (to be decided) is 13 weeks.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hey girl, welcome back to the cold hell-hole. Cold here in Brissy too, I'm having to wear long sleeves until noon, mwahahahahaha.

Did you manage to find any huge, excellent pet shops over there - have a couple of friends heading over in a couple of weeks and they're convinced it's going to be wall to wall doggie goods - they're hell bent on buying their Boston Terriers some Ralph Lauren polo shirts and I keep saying, "yeah right, good luck with that!!"

My understanding is there's not much fake stuff in Hawaii, it's mostly all genuine/authentic but just cheap. Is that how you'd describe it?

C'mon, fess up, what bags & shoes did you snare? A new wallet, I'll bet :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yeah, we were remarking what similar looking fur families we will have. Hope would be an older woman for him though, he might get a crush on Gemma since she's closer to his age. How old is she now? Winnie/Frankie (to be decided) is 13 weeks.
That's so true! You guys will have almost identical matching colors.

Gemma is 17 weeks today. :) Definitely more within his age group!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey girl, welcome back to the cold hell-hole. Cold here in Brissy too, I'm having to wear long sleeves until noon, mwahahahahaha.

Did you manage to find any huge, excellent pet shops over there - have a couple of friends heading over in a couple of weeks and they're convinced it's going to be wall to wall doggie goods - they're hell bent on buying their Boston Terriers some Ralph Lauren polo shirts and I keep saying, "yeah right, good luck with that!!"

My understanding is there's not much fake stuff in Hawaii, it's mostly all genuine/authentic but just cheap. Is that how you'd describe it?

C'mon, fess up, what bags & shoes did you snare? A new wallet, I'll bet
I had much shopping success, both for myself and my pups! I got 6 pairs of shoes, 3 of which are Cole Haan which are heels with Nike Air technology in the soles so they are super comfy. I got a pair last year when I was in the states and practically live in them so I bought myself 2 more pairs and hubby also got me a pair for my birthday which is next month. I also got 3 other pairs of flats/runners which were half the aussie price and some nice jeans for a bargain.

For the pups I struck it lucky. I found the exact Hip Doggie fleece vest I was going to order for the puppy on sale so including the postage I saved about $15. I also got them all a cute t-shirt because mine seem to keep those on better than anything else.

Don't tease me about having to wear long sleeves until noon! It was a top of 12 degrees here today and we're supposed to have weather like this through until next week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts