Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I want to get nacho neutered as soon as he is old enough so how old does he need to be?

2. This is more like a wondering question its not too importnant, I have another Big dog named cleo and when i hold nacho to show cleo to him he crys but wags his tail at the same time so i dont know if he is happy or scared. And when cleo leaves to go back outside nacho goes to the door wanting to see him so yea maybe he is happy and scared at the same time? just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks

~Kv

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Most dogs are spayed or neutered at 6 months old.
It can be done sooner but I would discuss it with your vet to see what they reccomend.

I would let the dogs get to know each other without you holding nacho, but do NOT leave them alone together until you are satisfied that the larger dog is not going to hurt nacho. Does cleo act OK with nacho? She has to learn to be respectful of nacho's small size and not step on him or play too ruff. If you don't let them get used to each other you may end up encouraging nacho to be afraid of her without meaning to.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do that cuz cleo didnt show any side of agression he is a nice dog and when we had another puppy named macy he didnt hurt her even if she was teasing him but macy was a bigger puppy thn nacho so i will watch them and make sure cleo does step on him or get too excited

1 - 9 of 9 Posts