Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to this forum and really need some advice!

I've adopted a 2 year old male chi as a friend for my current 9 month chi. When he arrived he had awful breath. So bad you could smell it when he didn't have his mouth open. I took him to the vet and he had a scale and polish under anaesthetic, 3 teeth removed, a castration and his anal glands expressed. His breath was so much better!

A week and a half later and it's getting back to how it was! What can it possibly be? I've been using a mouth spray on him, he's been on a weeks course of antibiotics. I've done endless searches online and can only seem to find information on the actions I have already taken. I don't think the anal glands are full again as I followed an online advice video on finding them and can't even find them so they can't be swollen and full!

I really want to get this chi fully healthy as he's such a little darling!

Any help/advice would be brilliant!

Thanks

Pip :p

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hi Pip, and welcome ...

One of mine had evil, evil breath despite being fed raw & Ziwipeak & having lots of bones - plus I did everything you've done, 10 teeth removed, anal glands etc.

There a few fabulous products you add to their water (all natual, yuka plant extract) that actually removes plaque & keeps it away & also does amazing things for their breath, it's a clear liquid, odorouless & tasteless for them..

I also fed probiotics, especially after antibiotics.

His breath is now fine :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
What does he eat? Food often in the culprit.

Does he get any raw bones for oral health? Do you brush his teeth or use the teeth gel (spray seems that it would mask the breath, not deal with the dental issue).

Is he a poo eater? Toby used to do that, and his breath was awful! It's better now, thank goodness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts