Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
13. Don’t be angry with me for too long. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.

15. Always treat me with kindness. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it. The more you love me, the stronger our bond will be.

20. Come with me on difficult journeys. I understand that it’s hard for you, but please stay with me until the very end. Everything is better, easier and safer for me if you are with me. Remember, I love you.

:love8:

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
I love this! I have always stayed with mine through #20. I was trained as a VEt tech so I knew what to expect etc and I refuse to let them go without me by their side.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Hubby just couldn't bring himself to come in with our cat at the last minute,had to do it on my own.Then Simba,he just couldn't do it so my friend had to come with me,no i couldn't not be there,they need you by their side however difficult it is for you

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly I could not be by Theismanns side, they got him stable and then sent me home to wait by the phone. I dont think he was coherent enough to know we were there by the time we got him to the vet anyways :-(

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Sadly I could not be by Theismanns side, they got him stable and then sent me home to wait by the phone. I dont think he was coherent enough to know we were there by the time we got him to the vet anyways :-(
He knew you loved him.

Honestly I know I am facing this with Sadie (because of her age) and part of me hopes she passes in her sleep where I don't have to make a decision but I also want to be there with her.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
The whole article was so sweet and so true! But reading the last part was so hard! I read it at work on lunch and started crying, it reminded me so much of Gino. I still remember his last moments before they took him away and myself reconsidering the whole thing for my own selfishness. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. :(

I'm so sorry for everyone that has lost a pet, family member, may they all rest in peace.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
#20 made me tearful. I couldn't be there when my Jack Russell had to go. I was away at uni and my mum said it was cruel to make her wait for me to drive back. I knew she was going but I cried like a baby when I got that phone call. She was the same age as me at the time and she had seen me at my best and my worst. Wow, writing that is making me see that I miss her more than I thought!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Yep the last one really made me cry. I have thought about "the end" with the pups and it is disturbing to say the least. The person who posted the thread that was just closed needs to read this. This is what being a good pet parent is about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts