Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PETCO UNLEASHED: The 2005 National Chihuahua Races

Come join PETCO on Saturday, August 27th, for a day of fast, furry fun at the park where your Chihuahua can complete for great prizes or just watch all the excitement. Regional first place winners will receive a trip to compete in the final championship race at PETCO Park in San Diego where Chihuahuas will race for the title of the “fastest Chihuahua” in the country!

Regional Prizes:

1st Place Winner:
·Round-trip air package for 2 people and 1 dog to San Diego from September 16th – 18th.
·2-night hotel package at eth Omni San Diego Hotel (includes the “Kids in Fur Coats” Package – offering a pet bed, dog dishes and treats)
·3-day car rental package from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

2nd Place Winner:
·1-year supply of Royal Canin Chihuahua Food

3rd Place Winner:
·$25 PETCO gift card

All entries receive a 2005 PETCO Unleashed goody bag, a FREE T-shirt and a FREE 3 lb. bag of Royal Canin Chihuahua Food.

The Race Day Rundown

·Registration begins at 9 a.m.

·Participants will each receive a PETCO Unleashed goody bag and be assigned a race card

·Dogs will race in groups of eight – the first race begins upon the formation of the first group of eight

·Listen for the announcer to signal the start of each race – owners must then bring their dog to the starting gate and submit their race card to the announcer

·For each dot entry, a second owner, friend or PETCO volunteer must be positioned at the finish line

·At the whistle, dogs will race from the staring gate to the waiting owner, friend, or volunteer.

·Winning dog in each race will proceed to the next round until the final round of eight or less of the top dogs compete to see which is the regional champion.

Race Locations:

Regional races will be held at the following locations on Saturday, August 27th, starting at 9:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.

Chicago – Margate Park
4921 N. Marine Drive
Chicago, IL 60640
(Cross Street: Argyle, West of Lakeshore Drive, between Margate Terrace and W. Ainslie Street)

Dallas – Reverchon Park
3505 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX 75219-3907
(Cross Street: Hood, Just south of Oaklawn on Maple behind Scottish Rite Hospital)

New York City – Riverside Park
Riverside Drive and West 87th
New York, NY
(Enter at Riverside Dr. and West 87th. Next to the Riverside Dog Run on West 85th.

The National Finals will be held on Sunday, September 18th at PETCO Park in San Diego. Sunday, September 18th will also include the regional races for the San Diego area. Immediately after the winner of the San Diego Region is chosen, the National Championship race will begin.

Don’t miss out on this event to find the fastest Chihuahua in America! Be sure to spread the news and tell your friends to come out with their Chihuahua to race.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or go to a participating PETCO store to pick up a Registration Entry Form.

Good luck, and may the fastest Chihuahua win!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
aaaww, i wish i could enter chico, but we're to far from any of the raceing places. i bet its going to be so cute though, all those little chi's running like crazy. i wish them all luck. :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Just the thought of the little Chi's hurtling round a race track makes me laugh! I bet it will be hilarious!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I would love to see those races LOL Bella would be a great contender if there was a rabbit involved...she runs like the wind when she see's one !

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
The humane society on St thomas had Chi races on the 4th of july. Saw a little of it on the local news Very cute except they were definitely some mixed breeds in it :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts