Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They brought 27 chihuahuas up to our shelter from New Mexico yesterday...I know at least one was a litter of puppies 3 or 4 weeks old with mom. Fortunately it is the #1 requested dog here and they will go quick...I saw pictures of some of them and of course almost none are to standard and bigger, but still much smaller than the reservation dogs generally available to adopt here. I hope they all find good homes.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They brought 27 chihuahuas up to our shelter from New Mexico yesterday...I know at least one was a litter of puppies 3 or 4 weeks old with mom. Fortunately it is the #1 requested dog here and they will go quick...I saw pictures of some of them and of course almost none are to standard and bigger, but still much smaller than the reservation dogs generally available to adopt here. I hope they all find good homes.
what are reservation dogs?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are surrounded by a few Indian reservations here for Native Americans. They unfortunately have a bad dog problem they don't spay or neuter and just the oddest mixes occur, they run around in packs on the reservations til animal control can get them. A lot of time they are abused too, its really sad :(

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
We have reservation dogs here too makes me cry most are badly abused live outside have mange and are all skin and bones :(

Let us know what happens with them All

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just happened to get on our local shelter site yesterday...(No one was at home to catch me doing it!) There were so many Chis and Chi mixes I had to get out of there, fast...I wish I could adopt them all. I could be a Chi hoarder with just a little wee bit of encouragement!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
We are surrounded by a few Indian reservations here for Native Americans. They unfortunately have a bad dog problem they don't spay or neuter and just the oddest mixes occur, they run around in packs on the reservations til animal control can get them. A lot of time they are abused too, its really sad :(
I am close to Cherokee Nation, but I have never heard of any dog problems. that is so sad.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just happened to get on our local shelter site yesterday...(No one was at home to catch me doing it!) There were so many Chis and Chi mixes I had to get out of there, fast...I wish I could adopt them all. I could be a Chi hoarder with just a little wee bit of encouragement!

did you go out there and see them?
&i encourage you :hello1:

·
Registered
384 Posts

awwww :(
well at least they go fast out there. i hope they all find good homes as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts