Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I made another one last night. It is better than the first one, but I still need more practice in the sewing machine. The hardest part is doing the strip for the D-Ring. I need to find an easier way of attaching it!! LOL

When I was making it last night, my hubby says, "I thought you didn't know how to sew - if you do - how come my stuff never gets sown?" Well, I said, "Cuz your stuff isn't this cute!!!" Ha, Ha Of course, he didn't think it was that funny! LOL

Anyway here it is. ......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new here and saw your outfits... they are adorable. May I ask where you found the pattern. I would love to make my Laverne some cute clothes like that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the nice comments and Welcome, LisaClaire!! Actually, I searched everywhere to find a pattern but couldn't find the right size. And just so you know ---- I can barely sew..so if I can do it, any one can!! LOL

I made my own pattern from measurements I took from Mia. It had to be done several times. You will need to add at least 2 inches to each measurement to allow for the seams (hems) what ever you call them... LOL

I scanned my pattern for you(well only half - the whole thing wouldn't fit). I hope it helps. Maybe you can blow it up and print it (both sides). Don't know if that will work. Then just adjust for your dogs size.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the measurements - (Mia is 4 1/2 mo. old @ 4 lbs. - She is a deer head -so very long and lean) I am guessing for a applehead the measurements will be very different)

Around the waist - 14" - she's 12"
From the center to the top of the neck flaps - ab. 5 - 6 " - total of neck 10-12"
From neck to end is - 6 1/2" - more or less if you want to add a ruffle - measure so it hits right before the hind legs, so the ruffle doesn't bother them when they walk.

Hope this helps, and I didn't make it more confusing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you Thank you Thank you! I will definately try that. Laverne is one of the bigger Chi's plus her getting into the cat food is making her quite round. She is now on a diet. She loves wearing clothes... she gets so excited when I come home with new shirts and stuff for her... she bounces around until I try every last thing on her. I just love her to death.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
another tip

Well done, it is difficult putting the D ring under the sewing mnachine, i do mine by sewing top then bottom and reverse sewing and go back and forth a few times you need to machine it so it holds .

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
waauw traci, you are really good at it.....you can sell those!!! i would buy them :wink: :D

and mia just looks stunning in the dresses!!

kisses nat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts