Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Your mommy looks a little like my Babs. So pretty. I love the second picture. The pup looks like it's saying "Yep, I give up, I am cute, so arrest me".

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
They are so cute. keep posting photos

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Why is this unusual? 2 of mine have them too.
Cute puppies!

Rear dew claws are normally removed at 3-4 days old, when I have a litter I always check for cleft palette and rear dew claws. As they stick out so much they can be ripped off very easily - I would never leave them on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cute puppies!

Rear dew claws are normally removed at 3-4 days old, when I have a litter I always check for cleft palette and rear dew claws. As they stick out so much they can be ripped off very easily - I would never leave them on.
when i first brought shelby they was on her so i couldnt do anything about which i WOULDNT any way as i look at it they was born with it on so it must be there for a reason which i wouldnt take off sorry hun but thats just me i check mine to see if there all healthy and which they are i couldnt start ripping them off etc

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but i wouldnt start now or never

it suits shelby it doesnt bother her haveing it and it dont bother me that shes got it

·
Registered
114 Posts
your pups are lovely, good luck with them !!

Cute puppies!

????? how do you remove them ?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
????? how do you remove them ?
I personally don't remove them I take them to the vets to do them, they can only be done at 4 days old - no earlier no later. A vet will not normally remove front dew claws as it is a more cosmetic reason for doing it but they will do the rear ones.

Not many are born with rear dew claws but it is supposed to be very painfull and messy if they rip them out when they are older, so this is why nearly all people do it - even the non show breeders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts