Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya i was wondering if its normal for my 10month old long coat to moult REALLY bad,ive got hairs everywhere,i was making a coffee just and had two hairs in my cup :( im not eggagerating when i say there everywhere its driving me mad,

and the second is about the same pooch, humping my shih tzu,blankets and she even had a go of my leg the other day
she marks her scent loads too when we are out on a walk,

im confused

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hope humps poor Eden. She has been spayed so I just thought it was Alpha/domination and then hubby suggested that because Eden is not spayed, she could have a scent that is appealing/confusing to Hope as well.

She gets spayed in a week so we will see if it stops. It was MUCH worse when she first came home so hopefully, either way, it will stop.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yes...dogs do shed seasonally. Being female & if she isn't spayed she will basically blow her coat once or twice a year depending on her cycles.

Another thing that came to mind is diet. Sometimes certain ingredients in food make them shed more. Some foods actually help in the shedding department (foods w/no grains are good...wet premade raws are best as they help keep them hydrated which helps as well).

As for the humping...an intact female is more apt to hump but any female can hump. It is usually more a dominance issue than anything. If it bothers you or your other dog begin to correct her when she does it. I'm not saying it'll help completely but it may help a bit.

Karen...sounds like little Hope is the dominatrix in your household! She is making sure Eden knows she is the queen of the house so not to try to take over! :lol:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Like Heather said it sounds like she is blowing her coat is she isn't spayed. Long hairs don't usually shed that much that I know of.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hiya she isnt spayed yet and she had her first season at just 7 months old,she doesnt really act bossy around us either, i feed her a grain free dry good quality food,but she does get the odd table scrap..not me..my partner.ive told him loads of times to stop giving them to her,maybe he will listen now that he's getting covered in fur lol
as for the humping i do tell her to stop but when my back is turned she will go at it again,i was hoping my shih tzu would really tell her off and she would stop...she does tell her but it hasnt stopped her....as im writing this she's humping her right now the little minx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts