Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little Stella (20.5 weeks) has made it the last 3 days with no accidents in the house while I'm at work! :foxes_207:

Just had to share with people who would appreciate it. Haha Hope it lasts *knock on wood*

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Congrats! I hope it lasts too. A pup at that age should be 100% potty trained.
Little Stella is a big girl. Did you adopt/buy her recently?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got her when she was 7 weeks, and she did very well except when left alone for long hours. We moved about a month ago, which added a little stress. The old house was a rather open floor plan, which I felt left too much room to let her run much, and she wouldn't leave the old cat alone -- so she was crated much of the time. Since we moved in here I've left the back door open when I was home (we have a fenced yard now) so the dogs could go in and out as they pleased. Now that the weather is starting to cool, the bugs are coming in so the screen door stays closed.

Now if she's inside and needs to potty she comes and lets me know.

It use to be that when I got home from work (3-6 hours, depending), Stella would immediately lead me to where she pooped. I was very confused on Tuesday when she walked around a bit and then bolted outside! Haha
It was a very happy day, to say the least.

Extenuating circumstances pushed it back a bit maybe, but it makes me happy, none the less.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh definitely, you should be proud, it's a big accomplishment.
I share your happiness as well because after a month of non
stop work on our rescued Chi Bella(who was a year and a half
old yet not trained), I have her outdoor potty trained, she now
walks 4 times per day with the rest of my pack, and holds her
bladder in between. Before I had to take her out every 2-3 hours.
As if I had a young pup in the house. So I definitely can relate to
your joy right now. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
By the way, CONGRATS on your move! :p

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, and congrats to you too! I was really starting to consider buying pads for when I was at work. So glad I don't have to do that!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
A pup at that age should be 100% potty trained.
Well then, best I grab my little 8 - 9 month old B's by the scruffs of their necks tomorrow, sit them all in front of the computer screen and command them to read those words because I got some who walk off pads with missiles still being projected from orifices, I got "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth girl" who insists on going pee pee & poops where puppy pads haven't been for weeks, and I've got one, damned if I know who it is, whose bottom even lets go in a bed from time to time, often even in the group crate. Thank goodness for chicken wings making bullets instead of puddings.

Congrats on Stella's progress - I doubt mine will EVER tell me they want to go out, they're self-absorbed little sods who'll use a pad even though there's a door to the outside world wide open and only 4" from where they're pooping up a storm, sigh. Those red "Doggie Bells" from USA sure do make a nice decoration though, very unique lmao :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Yay Stella! So proud of her! Leo (6 mo old) is mostly potty trained, but still has accidents from time to time. I think it's my fault tho bc I'm a push over ;(
That's a huge accomplishment! Great job!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't feel that I can take much credit for it, to be perfectly honest! haha

I think it really helps having 2 older dogs who she wants to be JUST like -- I mean, she loves me, and I'm her mom, but Maggie is her hero! lol Stella follows her around and does whatever M does. When M is playing ball, Stella acts like her coach. It's so crazy and funny. They lay in the living room and have long conversations every evening. Maggie is a great big sister, and I have to give her props

1 - 10 of 10 Posts