Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum! Hopefully someone could help me..

I got a chi girl In january and she was nearly house trained (she had few accidents here and there..) but now at 4 months of age she started peeing on things like my bed, couch, blankets and even her own bed when she was locked in the bathroom for about an hr??? I used to take her out every 1,5-2 hours but she still had accidents so I started taking her out every hour, but she still pees inside!!!
She hasn't peed in her crate where I normally leave her for max 4 hours and also at nights she sleeps for 8-12 hours without accidents, but during the day she pees whenever where ever!!
She eats the best food dogs can possibly have, I take her for long walks etc..

I dont know what to do :(

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I agree with Krystal. Even though she may not have been "fully" trained, it sounds like she was well on her way. So, I would suspect bladder issues or UTI or something may have changed!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If this pup can go all night without going, then I doubt it is a UTI. Just to make sure you can bring in a urine specimen.

I would use the tether method with her. Also I would close the door to the bedroom/s, and any other room she is 'going in'. A large crate/puppy playpen would be helpful when you aren't able to keep her tethered to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts