Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We got a 4 month old chi, Louie, about 5 days ago, and it seems like he is getting used to his new place.

We are potty training him with wee wee pad inside the house, and here is the question;

He doesn't go after he eats or drinks even though he sniffs around. Is this okay? He would go first thing in the morning around 8am, eats, plays a little and takes a nap. He goes about 3 times a day for pees and twice for poos...

Louie, however, sniffs around the house really often. Whenever we see him sniffing, we take him to the kitchen where we have the wee wee pads, but then he stops sniffing and goes back to his crate or he just wants to play. We don't use the leash when we want him to eliminate just because we don't want him to link the leash with some type of a force. He hasn't started going for walks too often yet due to the nasty weather....

Anyway, we are not sure whether we are making him not comfortable to eliminate by bringing him to the pads when he sniffs around. But when we don't and just watch him, bang! here he goes.

We would love to get any tips or suggestions please :) I never owned a dog before and my husband only had labs, so we are not very knowledgable about our baby yet...

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I think you're doing fine,twice for poos sounds about right .I always left the pee pad with a little wee on it ,so they know it's the place to go.Lots of praise when he does it on the pad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts