Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I have a 4 month old Chi. who is a very picky eater - I have tried so many different food dry/wet combos and he likes none of it. I have two other dogs who eat iams lamb and rice mixed with a bit of wet food and he goes crazy over that. It has gotten to the point that I just gave in and started giving him the big girl food as he stopped eating all together and at 2 pounds he cant afford that. My question is, is this ok for him and should i consider some sort of suplement to get him what he is missing from the puppy food...

It scares me when my baby wont eat.... :cry:

And what's with the one floppy ear? I think it's really cute - but is it a sign of a problem?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Others will not agree with me, but when they eat a very good quality food, I found that those companies did not have "puppy" food. I was concerned as I got a puppy and I did not want to have to get two separate foods, turned out that things did not work out entirely as I planned so I went back to what she was eating :roll: and let the older one eat that too - I did manage to get the one food that my boy was on in her and they are still on that.Now she is on adult food....people say its a gimic to get more products marketed etc etc and that there really isnt a signifigant difference.

You need your dog to eat so if its working stick with it. I dont like Iams but hey if everybody is happy then...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you - very much some fast fast responces, I had never heard of the ear flopping during teething..

He has an apt. this weekend, I will talk to the vet about this as well, just needed some feedback until then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update -

I just wanted to post an update to this - I recently visited my vet and he is fine with Remy eating adult food - he told me to give him a tablespoon of low-fat cottage cheese, it will get him the protien and cal. a growing puppy needs.

Thanks again all :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.