Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a recent article in the newspaper about a 4-pound chihuahua who survives an owl attack in suburban Chicago:
Chico the Chihuahua survives owl attack in Crystal Lake - Chicago Sun-Times

We have to worry about falcons, coyotes, and big dogs when we walk our 2 little chis outside (Bella weighs 5 pounds and Lina weighs 4.5 pounds). We now have to worry about owls too! :( We never leave the girls alone or unsupervised even when they're outside in our fenced-in, locked backyard. Be very careful and vigilant in protecting your chis when they are outside.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Awwww, poor baby...

A hawk stalked Gracie for weeks when we first got her. I had to watch for it everytime I took her out.

My son had a buzzard try to get his teacup poodle!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
No kidding! Another predator to tack onto the list! Thank goodness that poor little guy is alright. Its very scary to think that the presence of his owner on the other end of the leash wasnt a deterrent to the owl at all, horrible!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes we have Owls to, we have to worry about Hawks at day and Owls at night :-( Not to mention, Coyote's, Bob cats, foxes, etc...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I never thought Owl's were a threat, thanks for posting that We have Owl's around in the bush.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yep, owls eat mice and other small rodents. Chi's are just a bit bigger dinner to them :(

We don't have too many wildlife here, I have seen the few stray swan or fox, even a few armadillo but nothing much else here. A deer every once in a great while.

·
Registered
384 Posts
oh my! i ususally let my randy out side in the back. and there are voulchers (sp) around. i have seen them once. ill never leave my randy again!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, this is why my small dogs don't go out without a leash on. Owls at night and by day there's hawks and other predatory birds everywhere. It's a shame they go after larger prey like dogs. And its scary they aren't even safe with a leash on.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
My last Chi (my heart dog) Roxy survived a attack by a young female eagle I had to fight to get away from her but I did. She ended with talon marks in her sides but she was Ok then I lost her to a coyote

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh the poor little baby :( You can see how traumatised he is from the body language in the photo of him. It breaks my heart. Thank God he was physically ok though

·
Registered
266 Posts
The downsides of being small. I wonder if there's any chihuahua armour out there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My last Chi (my heart dog) Roxy survived a attack by a young female eagle I had to fight to get away from her but I did. She ended with talon marks in her sides but she was Ok then I lost her to a coyote
awww poor babii, god bless her.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The downsides of being small. I wonder if there's any chihuahua armour out there.
if there is ill get some right away and throw it rite over his sweater. that way he'll be warm&protected. :hello1:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I read this yesterday and posted it on my FB. I love animals of all kinds, but I swear, if an owl or anything else grabbed one of my chihuahuas, that animal would have a fight on its hands from ME!!!!:foxes15:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts