Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals i need help... :D

well i know it is FOUR WHOLE weeks buuuttt i really want to be ready for Minka and i am on holiday for one of them.. i have never had a puppy before (i have had a doggie staffy though) so i need help on what i have to get now and what i can get after!

My list of stuff for b4...

Bed

Soft brush

Teething toys

Water and food bowls

ID tag

I have a lead and collar and some teddys and a rope toy and some doggie shampoo.

Can anyone think of anything else i need to get b4 hand??

Im Also sending a blankie to my breeder so Minky and her brothers and sisters and mummy can all sleep on it so at night it will calm her when she is here.

Ok nearly done!

What are peoples thoughts on pup crates?

My mum thinks we should get one just to pop her in if we are cooking and she is under our feet and its dengerous and situations like that..

Ok thank you for reading!!

Love n hugs

S xXx :wave:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
have you asked the breeder what food she is on, it's always best to get a small supply in so you can keep her on the same diet and work out where your nearest stockest is for the more exclusive brands. Also make sure you puppy proof the house a chi pup is small and is guarented to find every small space they can especially when out exploring. I personally don't belived in crates but we did have a time out room where the pups go to be secure. I also recommend you finding a small teddy of yours something you dont mind her having for her to sleep with because she will miss her brothers and sisters. Also I'd wait over the lead and collar well the collar with Nemo I had to get one imported because he was so small and it's hard to find a 6' collar here plus it's best to not put a collar on them for a couple of weeks as they itch like crazy and hate it plus introduce it gradually for an hour or so every day.

Sarah

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sarah :wave: , Yeah im calling the breeder within the next week about food, and before i go on me holls ima give the house a whole wizz round ( i always clean up before i goon holiday anyway lol!)
yeppo i have teddys and blankets.. :d

How are you doing Hon?

Love n hugs

S xXx

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
a bit better, I guess it's starting to sink in that Nemo isn't here anymore and I still really miss him, but I'm not crying as much as I was and starting to apprechiate what we had, plus his breeder has made me feel a lot better over everything she was really supportive and I did say yes to having another pup thats related to Nemo.

Oh I forgot did the breeder say you have kennel club insurance for the first 6 weeks which is free with the pedigree registration, As I recommend you have a look around or get your mum to see which insurance is best for you, trust me it's a real lifesaver at times find one with a tiny excess which is the amount you have to pay off your bill. personally I recommend Marks & Spencers pet insurance you can get one with no excess, they cover for life and as chi's have a long life expectancy thats good plus they pay out really quick for me they coverd all of Nemo's emergency costs over the weekend straight away plus are giving me the purchace cost of him back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for all the advice! i will get on to it at the weekend.
Gald you are doing a little better, im so glad u have decided to get another puppy from his mummy and daddy, and i know nemo is as well.

Love n hugs

S xXx

Im off the bed, Nighty night all xxxxxx

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
You are extremely well organised you have everything I can think of , do you have a snuggley blanket as they like to snuggle and I used to carry Ozzy around in his while he was small :wave:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Very small stuffed fuzzy dog toys. If you are going to get an ID tag right away get the smallest one you can find cause the regular size ones are so large on a chi puppy they trip over them. I have a crate because it does become a safe haven for them and Marcus goes everywhere we go and I like the security of him traveling in a crate that is seat belted down. Greenies, all chi's seem to love them. Rawhide chews. I would get an extra small harness instead of the collar since it puts no pressure on the throat and chi's have extremely delicate tracheas.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
pig ears are bad too cause they can choke on them.... stick with nylabones and dental chews......

so you have wee wee pads? nail clippers, eye wipes, puppy wipes for in between baths....... a carrier...

thats all i can think of.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Potty pads...don't forget the potty pads, LOL! Or whatever things are necessary to use the restroom. Also crates or baby playpens (I use this)are great ideas. And if you want to be super organized set an appt. for the vet within 48 hours of receiving the new addition. Oh and congrats by the way.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:D Thanks girls!!

POTTY PADS!!! lmao! that would NOT have been good if i had forgotten them!! :lol:

Right..
Im not going to buy rawhide/pigs ears as i have heard that it can choke small doggies, im going to get a Chilly bone ( you freeze it and they can chomp on it) and i want to get greenies as i have heard so much about them lol! but i cant seem to find any... is it just a U.S thing??

Teddys: I have a small ladybird (Sooooooooooo cute i WANT IT!!) and a smallish fuzzy blue teddy (bout the size of a chi pup lol!)

I have cotton wool for wiping eyes (will dampen it)and i dont know what pup wipes are.. i have baby wipes?

I am getting a Harness i just forgot to put it up there lol! (its a pink angel one!) i also have a car clip (its like a doggie seat belt.. you attatch it onto the seat belt and clip it onto ur pups harness)

And i have quite a few blankies!! and as i said im sending one off to the breeder :D

I also have a small wooly jumper and t-shirt.

And of crs i have the most inportant thing.. LOVE! lol! cheesy but true :p

I also need to get a baby gate as we just got a brand new milk/cream carpet in the living/family room! (just till mink is house trained)

And i think i will get a crate, but only for safety and a "space of her own" away from the kitty kats.

Love n hugs

S xXx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts