Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Chihuahua (about 3 months ago, he is now 6 months old) and i cant seem to make him stop eating things off the floor. I feed him twice a day, so I know it is not because he is hungry. If there is even the tiniest crumb or dirt on the floor, he will pick it up and try to eat eat. Whats even worse is his new habit of eating duck poop when I walk him (I have ducks that currently reside in the lake behind my house)! I am usually able to open his mouth and take it out but sometimes he is just too quick.
Is there anything I can do to stop his nasty habit?
I would really appreciate any thoughts on this matter.
Thank you!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had heard of the spray (Bitter Apple), but the problem is not him chewing on furniture of things like that, its him eating everything he finds on the floor.
Do you (or anyone else) know if I should be concerned that he is eating duck poop? Shoud I take him to the Vet?
Did you have that problem with your Chihuahua (trying to eat everything)?
I think mine is just a little Pig because he even swallows his kibbles.

Thank you for your reply MissMolly, I appreciate it :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I am going to have to be extremely careful with the things on the floor. I am going to try feeding him three times a day to see if he stops. I honestly doubt he will stop because when I first got him, i would feed him three times a day and he still did it.
Peanut thinks everything is FOOD so I started wondering if maybe he didnt know the difference, but I think hes smarter than that! :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its funny that you mentioned the cat litter thing; I have three cats and Peanut always tries to eat the cat litter. I also have a Bird and I caught him trying to eat the bird sees that drop off the cage, but surprisingly he didnt like that very much :p
I feel better now that I know hes not the only one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.