Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls I was meant to be going to see my chi today but my mum and the breeder both had to cancel it :( And I dont think the breeder wants him picked up on Wednesday anymore.... I think she still wants more time.. but we'll see :(

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
awww stef - how old is he ? why does she want to keep him longer ?
well im a little confused well more I think the breeder is... I think its cause of her age :? Someone else said to me shes very forgetful. When I first seen him she said he was born on June 15th and will be ready on August 10th.. so almost 8 weeks. (young I know... but I have had a pup at 6 weeks not that that makes it any better but I couldnt pass the opportunity of having him bacuase of that.) Anyway called her today and apparently hes not ready for another 2 weeks. So im going to see him Tuesday hopefull and see what happens. I know for a fact she put it on her calender so i'll point it out. I did mention on the phone to her but she said that shes got a terrible memory... :? Anyway Ill let yu girls no soon as I do...

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hes not as small as his 2 sisters though he is smaller then his brother, he was the last born in the litter so could be classed as the runt? Though I dunno as his sisters are smaller so Im unsure if you would still say hes the runt. Trouble is all her chis are little and Im so used to telling staff puppies sizes I couldnt say whether he is tiny or not?

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
stefanie_farrell said:
Hes not as small as his 2 sisters though he is smaller then his brother, he was the last born in the litter so could be classed as the runt? Though I dunno as his sisters are smaller so Im unsure if you would still say hes the runt. Trouble is all her chis are little and Im so used to telling staff puppies sizes I couldnt say whether he is tiny or not?
Staffs are a BIG difference from chi's aren't they? :lol:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES they are.. what I mean is from looking at a staff pup I can tell whether its big or little for its age. But looking at a chi pup.. Im afraid I just dont know lol

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But yes my chi is alot smaller than a staff puppy at the same age. I just dont know whether its tiny /average/or big for a chihuahua at the same age lol

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
aww its best he stays till 10 weeks anyway stef - it will come round so fast hun :wave:
Yes.. just got my hopes up I guess... my bday on Wednesday the day He would have came home so now I feel i have nothing to look forward to on my bady.. though I am going out with the girls.. so that should be fun :wink:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CooperChi said:
Hang in there Steff...you'll have your pup in no time! :) I'm super excited for you too btw!! :wave:
awww thanks alot :wave: Yes a month has flown by already.. it would give me that extra time to erm do erm something? lol

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
i know most breeders like to keep chis til they are 10-12 weeks i got ruby at ten weeks when i got paris and brit they were from a bad breeder and she said the only time i could get them was at 6 weeks as she was going on holiday personally i think if its a good size chi then 8 weeks is ok but if tiny then 10 weeks is better

1 - 20 of 29 Posts