Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for Bandit some new clothes and happened upon this site. It may have been posted before and if it has I'm sorry. Currently they have two "teacup" chihuahuas for sale that are 13 oz. for 8,000 dollars. :evil: I just can't believe it. It makes me so mad to think of what these people are doing to these poor little pups for money.

Here's the link...check it out

http://wizardofclaws.com/chihuahua.htm

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Last time I saw that site, he only had one chi for $8000. Nice to see he's got two now. :roll:

Is it just me or do most of those chis look like they might be deformed or have a genetic problem? Especially that chocolate on the top right.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Cooper said:
Is it just me or do most of those chis look like they might be deformed or have a genetic problem? Especially that chocolate on the top right.
Yeah, the eyes look really strange. :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Ginger was about 15oz when she was that age (the pups selling for 8,000)and she is just over 3lbs now. Just because they fit into a teacup as a baby doesnt mean they are going to be ultra small. God I hate this site...makes me even more mad that someone is actually going to drop that kind of cash on them...poor pups all look stick to me too.....or just really really young

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's really a shame what people will do for a profit.

The chi I was originally going to get from the breeder was like that. He weighed about 10oz at 6 weeks and I voiced my concerns and she decided not to sell him. I got Wiz, who is his brother. Puppies advertised as teacups tend to die young, I'm no vet or anything, but that is what I have been told. My vet advised me that he would never buy a runt, especially as a first time small breed owner.

·
Registered
510 Posts
8,000 for a puppy is crazy. Why can't these breeders just sell their pups at decent prices. For that amount it is only saying one thing they are breeding for profit and not quality. And they are doing god knows what to the poor mother dogs just so they can get these really small puppies. I bet the moms are too to breed too.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Cooper said:
Last time I saw that site, he only had one chi for $8000. Nice to see he's got two now. :roll:

No, it isn't just you! I've noticed that too....some of them look really deformed. No matter how badly I wanted a chi, I would NEVER buy one from a place like that.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
and the fact that they pille tons of cutsey outfits or hide them in cups (to emphasize how small they are) might just be me but not being able to get a clear picture of thier body type makes me thing there hiding something. that place makes me sick!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i came acroos a site about a week ago that had chi's selling for almost $15,000!! :shock: it was claiming the chi's came from Tinkerbell's bloodline. maybe they do, but $15,000 for ANY dog is sickening.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Can't these people be reported?!
The puppies do not look healthy to me, and even if i had all the money in the world I would not buy one from these people.

I know this might sound harsh since it's not the puppies' fault they are the way they are, but they look sick and deformed to me too. I wouldn't buy them because they just don't fit the standard appearance, that second one has really odd looking eyes :cry:

How sick.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
WOW! That is horrible! I have always known about the "tea cup myth", and how abnormally small normally pinpoints a genetic defect, but this is horrible to think someone is cashing in on it!

The biggest shame is that, if someone buys these pups (which they most likely will), than the "breeder" *cough cough* will just keep producing more. So, although it may sound harsh, I hope they don't get bought, for the future sake of this horrible person's future decisions.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Grrrr :x !!!

That's ridiculous. I hate when I have Josie out and people start with the, "Oh, she must be a teacup/toy/miniature/etc.! She won't get much bigger than that, will she?" To which I reply, "1. There is no such thing as a teacup: God made Chis in all sizes. 2. She's only three months old, I certainly hope she gets bigger, or else I've wasted a ton of money on girly clothes."

That's so sick. Those poor babies definitely look sickly. I feel so bad for them. :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:sad5: those chis do look unhealthy its somthing about their cheeks that give me the goosebumps.i would not buy them for a million dollars either not that i am rich.thats sad how people want to breed them for the $$$$and to try to prove that teacups exsist even worse. it just makes me mad to see that now i saw a magazine titled Teacup Chihuahuas i should talk to the editor have you read the AKC Standards no such thing.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I hate that site Poor babies. They write the ad up like it is a good thing how tiny they are when in reality it is definitely not a good thing and then charge that much money for a puppy with potentially more health risks. :shock: And it may not ( hopefully ) stay that small. That is one place that should be out of business. The best looking pups were the larger least expensive ones :roll: :x

1 - 20 of 41 Posts