Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are supposed to get 8 to 15 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. That should be challenging for my little fellas! LOL Actually, Daddy's gonna have to get out and clear a place for them to go. I'm hoping to get some really good pics of them. We've hardly had any snow this year, so haven't been able to get any really good ones! I'll have to make sure they have sweaters/coats on everytime they go out to keep their fur dry! Bu will be O.K. Ernie is NOT going to like it one little bit! hehe

·
Registered
198 Posts
I heard about all the snow you are getting!! has it started yet? I'm up in Wisconsin and i think it's going to miss us!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! It's started! Since I don't have to get out in it... I love it! I would love to be in a cabin with a snowmobile and a fireplace right now. :-L

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Its starting to get pretty bad now, wonder if my mom will get sent home early from work :rolleyes: yeah i dont have to go out in it so i love it too :D My town (fostoria) is in the path thats suppost to get up to 16"

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Bri! You're almost due West from us. My daughter who is in Columbus just called and they are supposed to get hit hard too, plus they are supposed to get the ice storms. :-(

I think it's beautiful, but I sure feel sorry for the people who have to be out in it. I haven't heard any road crews out yet, so they must still be on 224/I76/I71.

Jen, what state are you in? Julie, the weather map is showing that it's bypassing you. Lucky! I can't believe we're gettin' it like this and your not Krista! Will wonders never cease?

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
right now i am staying with family in kentucky but i am moving end of march/early april :D we did have a little snow a week ago and it was so funny when i took the boys out in it, neither one had seen snow before. when they walked they would kick snow up in front of them so they just walked around looking straight down staring at the snow :lol:

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awwww... what cutie babe's! LOL... just walkin' and starin'! That is so funny. If it's more than a couple inches, Buford just puts his nose down in it and plows thru it. This is, of course Ernie's first year and so far he's not crazy about it. LOL He's gettin' better though.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So funny you mentioned the snow. I just posted a message in the chi chat section about potty issues and the snow. We got a ton of snow dumped on us here in central Illinois and the wind is blowing something fierce. Milo hasn't gone potty since 8pm last night. He has been gated in the kitchen with a pee pad and refuses to go on it. I have tried and tried to encourage him to go, but he has refused. I finally ventured out in the snow and 40 to 50mph winds and cleared a spot behind the garage for him, but he still refused to go. I am very worried about him holding it for so long! I have no idea at this point how much snow we got (it is still coming down), but I know it is alot!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh these little ones are so bad about not wanting to get out in the bad weather. Buford is the only chi I've ever heard of that didn't have a problem. Ernie is so bad... he runs and hides when he know's it's time to go out but he will go on his pad if he has to, so I don't worry much about it. My sisters dogs were terrible their first to years. We've just taken ours out and waited them out. Of course the wind chills would prohibit that. Ernie has learned to look for tracks to walk in. LOL He's NOT going to cut a path.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I used to live in central Illinois until a few years ago. Then we moved to warm and sunny Florida! My daughter still lives in west central Indiana, and told me this morning all about the bad blizzard conditions, the 12 inches more of snow they got, and the frigid temperatures! The good thing for her is that next month she is moving down here to Florida! Believe it or not, its about 70 here and sunny right now! Obviously you can tell I hate cold and snow!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a few pics of our snow mess. I understand this is nothing compared to our Canadian friends!

Phil had to shovel a place for the babies to go out.

As you can see, the snow is higher than Buford is tall

This is the end of our street after they plowed yesterday. We got about 8 inches more after that so not sure where they'll put that when they plow!

Snow drifted up against my car.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Wow! We got a bunch of snow Monday night, but nothing like that! Our road crews didn't do much till the next afternoon, so it wasn't a fun drive to work yesterday! I had to shovel a spot this morning for my dogs. When there's snow & you can't see the concrete, Sammie will just walk out the front door, go about one step to the side & go there! (Which is concrete underneath!) I always take them out wearing my crocs, so I had to shovel as much for them as me! Shoes with holes aren't the best things for going out in the snow in! LOL

So how did Ernie do in the snow?

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poor little Ernie is not dealing well with it at all. He finds tracks someone or something else has already made, and walks in them. He goes on his pad most of the time. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts