Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if it is normal for a chihuahua puppy to shake most if not all the time? when its not cold? i heard that it is common just wanted to see what you guys have to say about it? because my new chi baby that i am getting in another hour and 40 minutes is a shaker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Normally chi's shake when they are afraid or unhappy but mine does than when she is sleeping. I did some research and i found out it's got something to do with their fast metabolism and it's pretty normal.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
very normal chi trait, happy, scared, cold, Kemo even does it sometimes after he eats. But if he does it and he is calm, not cold etc he may be in pain. I just found that out w/Kemo...so when you get to know your baby better you will be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Shaking is a perfectly normal chi trait. It happens when they are cold, yes, but also when they are happy, scared, surprised, agitated, too tired. Very high metabolism is the reason. Unless your doggy seems distressed in some way, I wouldn't worry about it. My Olivia loves to be cuddled and that seems to stop her shakes. The older she gets (she's about 5 months old now) the better the every-day shakes are. I don't think your puppy has a problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you so much i think you are all right. :)
when we went to sleep last night she was passed out in the play pin (thats her room for now) and then at about 7am she woke up wimpering so i put her in the bed with us and she fell asleep nuzzling in my neck and pillow it was the sweetist thing ever.
you are also right about holding her, when i hold her close to me she stops shaking. lol.

she was so cute. . . she was trying to jump out of the play pen when i put her down i still can't get over how tiny she is! i love her so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts