Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vanna has had some vaginal discharge for the last few days. It is not a huge amount, its only noticable with the way I hold her or if Im rubbing her belly. I have only noticed after she's been outside (for either potty type). She doesnt show any signs of pain when urinating, or other problems, Ive just notice this recently and wonder if this is normal? I am going to get her spayed as soon as I can but until then I don't want to run to the vet if it's just a silly question and a normal thing for female chis. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much!!! That told me everything I needed to know.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Good article Tracy.....Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Vanna,
I am curious why you said you are having a 9 week old puppy spayed as soon as possible ?

I don't understand the reasonyou would do it so soon ? Why not let her body grow and develop for awhile before taking away hormones that are healthy.
The early spay that dog pounds do is still too recent to know the long term effects although there are quite a few things on the web about early spay and neuter.
I am not saying your idea is wrong. I'm just curious as to why you are in a hurry ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts