Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella was just sat on my knee sleeping peacefully when she sat up and started making these really exaggerated head movements, the only way I can describe it is like when a chicken pushes its head forward. She did this for about a minute and then started to become a bit wheezy and seemed to then go into a reverse sneeze. I gently pinched her nose like the vet advised to rectify a reverse sneeze and she slowly started to calm down a bit. I have no idea what caused this episode to begin with the weird head movements though, any thoughts guys ? that was scary.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah reverse sneezing.. Izzie does it a lot. We just pinch her nose and she usually stops. Not sure what really causes it either... but I know it's common with Chis.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I was a little concerned about the head movement thing until you talked about the reverse sneezing. She could have been trying to keep from reverse sneezing with the head movements. Doesn't sound like anything to worry about, but I'd keep an eye on her for a while just to make sure something else isn't going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts