Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She says pick me up mom!!! :) Awww so cute!!

I'm afraid she is going to think your area rug is a huge pee pad!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually don't know what she weighs. The breeder said she wasn't weighed when she got her vaccinations and health certificate? Not sure how that's possible... but we do have proof of her vaccinations and vet check up so she really did go I guess. We'll get her weighed in two weeks when she gets her last vaccinations. I'm thinking she's between 1-1.5 pounds. She is pretty small.

Tracy, I agree with you completely. My boyfriend and I were talking about that. We're going to pick it up, along with the little rug we have in the kitchen. At least until she's learned how to use her pee pad. Luckily, she's only chosen the hardwood floors to do her business tonight so far, lol.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I have to say that the only peril of having a pad trained Chihuahua means or has meant for us anyways, that all small area rugs are a no go in our house! LOL

The Chi's will use my white bathmat and my red front door mat as a pee pad! :lol:

It's kind of funny really..... but to the dog it makes sense I suppose.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I love how her colours match your rug! Reminds me of when I worked in a rescue kennels and a woman brought the dog she had adopted back because he didn't go with her curtains.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard that a lot, Kitty. I really prefer having her pad trained, though, even if it means a few ruined area rugs. Thankfully the whole apartment is hardwood and not carpet. It's more convenient for us to pad train living in a second floor apartment on a busy main road with no private yard. It would really be a hassle to harness her up, take her downstairs, across the street and over to the woods to potty every hour at this age. My Chi in the U.S. is pad trained and she NEVER uses the carpets or any rugs for her potty. She strictly uses her pad no matter where it is. She is really great about it.

Stella, are you serious?! Did someone really return their puppy for that? I hope not, otherwise they are INSANE!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Coming from someone who has a fully carpeted apartment, and an unspayed BRAT of a chi who is only "trained" to pee pads....you will definitely want to get rid of that area rug. Haha Lacey's not allowed to be free in my apartment because the entire place is a free-for-all pee zone. My poor carpet has seen the worst of everything.
I can't wait; our new apartment is all hardwood and between Lace-Face and her ferret brothers, no carpeting will be allowed ANYWHERE in there! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have rugs,ok there were a few accidents but mine did learn that they were not allowed to pee on it,i would tell them off and put them straight on the pad,so you can do it.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
She's super super cute! I loved her little whine after she was trying to see what was on the couch. When we brought Odie home, we used pee pads and the room she was confined to most of the time had an area rug, and she never went on it!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
She's such a doll!!! We can't have area rugs either hate it my dogs haven't even had pee pads avail for years and they still have used the Matts at the door to pee on and they do it when ur not looking so u can't blame anyone lol once I move to my new house there won't be any little rugs around lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, Stella. I don't think I would be able to hold back from unleashing my anger on people like that. I guess it's a good thing she returned the dog anyways since she's obviously not a suitable owner. I just hope no one else lets her adopt.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Gemma is just so adorable she reminds me of Charlie with her little black mask.She sure knows who her mom is. If she's as smart as Charlie she will be potty pad trained in no time. When Charlie had a accident on the floor I just told him No, shame on Charlie you go pee and poop on the puppy pad not on the floor and put him on his pad. Then when he started going on his pad I got very excited and told him what a good boy, so smart that so good that you peed on your pad that the way to do it. Within a week he was completely trained. I still give him lots of praise though when he does it right just to give him positive reinforcement. The only problem is that Penelope my 11 month old pup hears me giving Charlie all this praise for going on the puppy pad she's gone back to using the puppy pad. She's been house trained for months but I guess she thinks if she does what Charlie does she will get some praise too. LOL. Sheesh its just like having a couple of kids again.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I am glad to see that I am not the only person who saw that nice rung and though of the wee puppy using it for piddle practice---:rolleyes:

Really sweet video--love her little walk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts