Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our AC decided to break last Sunday and was finally repaired today. My mom was in the Keys on vacation until Monday and the repair man came when she got home Monday afternoon to check it out. He drove all the way out to the house to look at it tell us the problem, which we already knew, and then say that he would have to come back tomorrow (today) because he had too many apointments to fix it then :mad: The heat in the house was AWFUL. It was actually cooler outside for some reason and the air in the house was so heavy and still it was hard to even move. The poor chis were so hot they were actually calm, even my crazy pirate man! They usually sleep all curled up and cute in a little chi ball but were sprawled out trying to stay as cool as possible. They were even hot to the touch and drank soo much water. We are so happy to have AC back. I can use the computer now too. It was too hot to turn it on and add even MORE heat in here. Heres some pics of my babies during our "heat wave" and before it :wave:

day 1 very hot but still in good spirits- "Pretty warm in here huh?"

Day 2.5 MISERABLY hot- "Too hot to move"

Jack's attempt at going down the stairs, probably to get a drink. He didn't make it that far lol

"Too hot to open my eyes"

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
I feel for you ours did that 3 yrs in a rw :rolleyes: We couldn't even sleep it was so hot we finally went to a hotel. Your babies look like they took it well :D But did you say Jack was coming downstairs ? It is so much hotter in our bedrooms (all upstairs ) than the rest of the house. We actually need an ac up & an ac down.

Glad you got it fixed :D

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't even imagine going through this again. You guys must have been EXTREMELY frustrated going through that multiple times. My mom made me tough it out, you have to be 21 to get a hotel and she wouldn't do it for me :mad: I survived but not happily! About the stairs, the house is just one floor but Jack was on the doggie steps. He got to the first one and just plopped down on it. They're actually sleeping together right now and touching like usual. It's finally starting to cool off and last I checked it was 84 degrees inside and I had stopped sweating. I wonder how hot it got in here. They put in a new thermostat that's digital and he said it should be more much efficent. It will be nice to know the real temp in the house now. We had the old fashion one I guess haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
awe, poor pookies! i can't imagine how hot there must've been! good thing the a/c is fixed and they are back to causin' trouble! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts