Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol I emptied my camera tonight cuz of all the pics I have on it lol so hope you are enjoying my TON of pics tonight hehehe
Just a few of Luna and Willy hanging out

Getting ready to go out for a pee....we sit on the bench while mom gets our leashes on...

We are sleeping.....but mom always disturbs us with that flashy thing....*sigh*...

Play time!!

All done....now put the flashy thing away mom so we can go back to sleep..

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
They are both adorable but I am in love with Willy! :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You got some wonderful shots of them. Willie can looks so fierce! King of the homeplace, huh? Thank you for sharing them. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I love Willy's little face, especially when he's got his lips curled back. That is just adorable.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOl Thanks everyone. I love Willys cute lil faces too. He usually looks so innocent....and as my hubby says, like a wimp lol My hubby says he looks like he's gonna cry all the time lol So I really love it when he plays with Luna and makes his fierce lil faces and makes his "battle" noises lol

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its actually Willy who has the three legs :) No worries for asking. He was dropped by my cousins daughter when he was a pup and we had major swelling issues with the casting and the cast came off too soon I think and the leg re broke as soon as he was given freedom from his crate. So after a heart wrenching time, we had to make the decision to get the leg amputated. Alot of factors played into it. Money was one issue but not even the deciding factor. My main concern was with his pain. He was in alot of pain and had been for so long because of all the leg issues, I really didn't want to try and re cast it as two vets said it was unlikley to heal anyway because of all the swelling issues he had while in the cast. And also there was no guarentee the pin surgery would work or even that a year down the road the pins wouldn't slip and they'd have to go back in. Willy is a VERY active dog and will NOT rest lol Even now three legged he runs and jumps up and down off the couch and gives me heart failure hehehe. But anyway, After all options were looked at, the only one that would have him guatrenteed pain free (in the long run) was to amputate the leg. And true to it, he is in no pain and he honestly doesn't even notice its gone lol The only noticabe thing (beside the "gone" leg lol) is how he walks lol A few of my neighbours call him hoppy heheheheh because he has a bit of a hop in his step. He has taken t o using his front leg more in the middle now for balance and puts weight on that front and then swings both back legs forward. He does this mostly when he is going slow and sniffing the ground, but when running he seems to use them normally lol he even moves his stump like it is an actual leg touching the ground.

Ourcheekychihuahuas....lol I think despite Luna trying/thinking she's dominant, really both Rosa and Willy are more so over her. Either that or Luna has accepted that Willy is at a disadvantage and takes it easy on him lol When they play its always Luna on the bottom and Willy on top wailing his battle cry! lol!! Rosa is always gentle with Willy, even when we first got him and he was "normal" And Luna seems to be gentle with him too, or lets him win ;-) When Rosa and Luna play its different, they race around like mad rolling around trying to get the upper hand (just playing, no nasty stuff) Luna even cheats and grabs Rosa's longer fur. So I think them girls of mine are gentle with my lil wee boy :) And so he thinks he's king of the castle!! LOLOLOLOLOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts