Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of the other Wee's wanna cooperate with picture taking, so Ms. Jade said, bring on the camera Mom. I'll cheese for ya! :lol:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
just when I think she can't get any cuter ..... there she is! Cuter! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much ladies! She's a Peach! : )

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw such adorable pics, T! It's so nice to see the sweet little wee's again! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your sweet comments! : )

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've been wondering where you went off to! I've missed seeing pics of those babies!

Jade always brings a smile to my face...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi miss jade is adorable i want to know how old is she and how much does she weigh and whats your secret to buying tinies i would love to have one just like her do you know they'll be little or did you guess right on their tiny size thanks

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all so much! She keeps us on our toes, and def. provides many smiles and happiness! : )

hi miss jade is adorable i want to know how old is she and how much does she weigh and whats your secret to buying tinies i would love to have one just like her do you know they'll be little or did you guess right on their tiny size thanks
Jade is 2 years and 4 months old. She weighs 1 lb. 14 oz.

There really isn't a "secret" to getting the smaller ones. One Jade's size, is very very few and far between. If you do find one her size, chances are they have health issues of some sort that will decrease their quality of life and lifespan. If you do find one her size, and it is healthy, which you won't know without waiting, or many Vet tests (which we did) they will most likely cost you somewhere around 5,000 (no I didn't pay anywhere near that price). Anything under 3/3.5 lbs. full grown is uncommon! I have no clue why the standard is 2 to 6 lbs., because the average Chi within standard weighs about 4.5 to 6 lbs. If you look around the boards, there are many many members, and you will only see a handful that are under 5 lbs. Even the ones that weigh 5 to 6 lbs. full grown are the minority. Even though the standard is up to 6 lbs., there are Chi's showing that top out over that. Many times they'll finish them out before they reach adulthood. In turn they are breeding larger females (breeding a female under 4 lbs. is NOT advisable) for safety and health reasons, and also larger males. Adult size is determined by going back through the genetics. So the "tiny" ones just aren't common. You can have a 5 lb. Chi, and "most" will view them as tiny (which technically they are) because they are more accustomed to seeing above 6 lbs. So I really don't have any concrete advice on choosing a tiny one other than waiting until they are over 24 weeks old to buy one. And keep in mind that they do not stop growing at 7 and 8 months as many will tell you. Some don't finish out their adult size until they are 2 years old. Usually about 18 months.

As for me ending up with 4 tinies. It really just happened that way. For some strange reason God decided that my "talent" was having an eye for choosing a tiny dog. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I love Jade! What a photogenic model and cutie. She is one of my favorites. I'm coming to your home to "borrow" her. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love the pictures of Miss Jade and T you gave me a great idea. I have a new puppy and I just love the idea of your porta crib. If you dont mind me stealing your super idea i am going to buy her one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts