Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just got a few questions hopefully you guys can help me out with :eek:

Seasons:
Pixie is now 7 months old, and although she hasnt been spayed yet, she hasnt had a season either - whens the latest they should expect to have had one by? :confused:

Weird behaviour:
Pixie and our Bull Terrier get on fantastic, our Bullie is so gentle when playing with her and lets her take the toys, although Ive noticed when our Bull Terrier is chewing a toy that Pixie wants, Pixie will stick her bum in her face and cock her leg until our bullie sniffs, then she instantly grabs the toy and runs off!
Is this her just being clever to get the toy? Ive noticed she does it with me if im lying on the floor too!
Does anyone else's Chi's do this?! :eek:

Training:
Ok house training isnt going well and we're now thinking maybe to try the cat litter trays inside? Does anyone recommend these?

Sneezing/Coughing:
Ive read how Chi's can sneeze when excited which Pixie does allllll the time (shes always excited!) and Pixie also wretches sometimes although I cant predict when - is this definately nothing to worry about with them?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi

I cant help with most of your questions but about the sneezing and coughing, my chihuahua puppy sneezes lots of times straight after one another when he is really excited play fighting with my other dog. it must be normal lol i doubt it is anything to worry about.

and about the wretching my puppy has done this a few times after he has eaten as he eats his food too fast, he also gets the hiccups.

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I'm surprised that the bullie hasn't shown Pixie the housetraining rules. Mine always catch on from the resident chi's. Take them out together? Keep the chi contained in a crate/playpen when you are not watching her every move. Good luck Sue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts