Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Chihuahua lovers. :) I know it's been a while, as usual; but I felt it's about time I pop on to share a few things. First, my dearest Kahlua would like to share her new Peep with the world.

And... last but not least... it's time to spill the beans. Hubby and I are expecting a baby!! (A human one!) ;) I am not due until October, but we are already beside ourselves with anticipation and can't wait to bring another animal lover & rescue advocate into the world. As of now, I do have one foster that I am waiting on (a hi/dachshund pup) but after that we plan to try and help other ways for now; I am thinking of offering adoption counseling for those who genuinely love their dog/cat but are forced to rehome them. I'd like to offer contracts, applications, etc. and the information on how to *responsibly* screen & rehome on their own; in an effort to help keep them out of already crowded shelters AND out of the hands of those searching for free-to-good-home ads. Things kind of hit home with us last week when a hoarder was discovered just 20 minutes from where we live (Over Sixty Dogs Recovering at Freeport Animal Hospital - MyStateline.com - Powered by WTVO-TV and WQRF-TV) so we have been doing a lot of brainstorming on other ways we can pitch in. I am DEFINITELY planning on fostering again in the future; but right now have been focusing on getting our lives and home prepared for the baby and I don't want to take on too much... especially since I'm going to be a part of 3 weddings in my 3rd trimester. I'm emotional enough as is, as we left the humane society today after seeing all the donations that filled the front room I started to cry, LOL. Its just so good to see a small community stepping in to help all those dogs that were saved. Anyway I won't ramble on more; I know this is just for pictures so I'll wrap this up!! Best wishes to you all and I promise I'll be back on soon enough to see how everyone's doing and dote on your precious chi babies. <3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Beautiful name for a beautiful dog :love5: !

Congratulations to you and your family :eek:ccasion7: !!!

Woah, Thank You So Much for all that you do for dogs .. and their owners too. Takes a very special person to do this amount, God Bless You! :love1:

Cheers for sharing and looking forward to hearing your updates :toothy7: . x x x x x x

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
What wonderful news! I'll bet Kahlua will be a wonderful friend for your new addition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts