Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little guy has never thrown up and he's 2 1/2 but he's thrown up 4 times this week--nothing major--1st time was some food Thurs just before I got home--then some bile lookin white foam on Thurs that evening (twice) but he ate his dinner & seemed fined the rest of the night--then threw up some white foamy stuff again Fri morning--I called my vet b/c he had some follow-up eye surgery the previous Thurs & he had been on 2 oral meds but had finished the antibiotic & only had the other left to keep taking--she told me to stop the oral meds & just keep doing his eye drops--if he was still sick in the morning to take him in but he was fine until now--

He just threw up a little foamy stuff again & I noticed he has been eating some grass this past week--he is still eating normally & even ate after he threw up this evening--BUT he also felt cool (like they do after anesthesia) & he's usually a lil' hot potato cause he always snuggles under the covers--so I've got him all bundled up & he seems normal & nice N toasty again--am I just over analyzing? He's never thrown up in his life to my knowledge (even after MAJOR retina reattachment surgery back in Jan 2010)--

A friend of mine said dogs & especially lil chi's just get upset tummys sometimes & that all dogs will eat grass when this happens--is this true??

Any feedback is appreciated ;)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
He's on antibiotics? this could be upsetting his stomach very easily! I'd make sure he's hydrated and watch him.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
All of mine have vomited that white foamy stuff every so often. My 3 are also big time grass grazers. I just make sure they are eating and drinking normally and it usually passes in a day or so.

Hope he feels better soon

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
The yellow foamy stuff is bile, it usually means the tummy is empty. If he is on antibiotics as said above this could be helping but I think that you probably need to let the Vet know. Is he having normal poo's? Is there a possiblity he has eaten a foreign object that could have lead to an obstruction?

Also curious where you got your Chihuahua? (pm me if you dont mind as it is against the rules to post breeders or their websites here) I am asking because I got my Chibi from a breeder in your city :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
When Pip was getting over Parvo she was on loads of antibiotics, and her tummy was really upset.

My vet put her on two weeks worth of a probiotic called Proviable that I would just break open over a little bit of wet food for her every morning. It was only about 20.00 for the treatment, and it really helped.

Maybe look in to that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts