Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting another chihuahua. She is a black and tan with white markings, smooth coat with the best apple dome I have ever seen! She is from the same breeder I got Cooper from. Even though she was too tiny to breed he was still going to keep her to show, just because she was so typey. She is about a year old and about 3 pounds. She has the look but not the attitude, she is fine at home but once she gets in the show ring she freezes and wont move. He said hes going to try for a few more months to see if he can pull her out of this slump, but if he cant then shes mine! :D Cooper is 6 months and loves all dogs so Im not worried about that and Im sure he would love a little girl friend. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think it's great... but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, just in case. You never know and the best laid plans of mice and men....

Things I would ask the breeder, since she is older:

Is she potty and/or crate trained yet?
Any obedience classes or have they trained her at all?
Does she get along well with other dogs? (I'm assuming so, but you can never tell.)
and I'd also ask about socialization. Is she freezing because she hasn't been socialized by interaction with people outside her house or is she just overwhelmed by everything that's going on at the shows - or both?

I wish you the best and for your sake, I hope she doesn't take to the ring! :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
She sounds exactly like my "Chloe"! :shock: She is black and tan with white markings, and a perfect tiny "Apple-Head". :) She is also 3pounds. With a great big attitude! :roll: :wink: Hope all works out for you, and you can get her!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
yea i would ask the breeder some of those questions too.. cuz at one year they can be a bit harder to train.. if she's not and your up to it (training) then great.. otherwise you might wanna rethink it.. but good luck she sounds great!!
Roie

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is housebroken and done some obedience work. I've met her before and Her and Cooper get along great. She is friendly and loves everyone she just HATES to be on the ground. She is fine at home and runs and plays but once shes outside in comotion she just needs to be held.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
also how would your other babies react to having her around? and how would she react to a monkey or a larger dog like your newfie? being older and not around those types can make introductions very hard for her.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup! I have a monkey and a chimp, the monkeys a rescue and Im a foster mother for the chimp untill she can go back to the detroit zoo.

I go to a conformation class every week with the breeder so I'll see if I can take her home for the night and see how she reacts. I doubt she will have any problems with the Newf (Trinity) because shes just a big docile baby. She will let anyone or anything hang all over her and she will still be asleep. The pug (Winston) is a bit more energetic but they have met before and got along great. My monkey (Boris) is very friendly but we will have to see how they get along. And My chimp I only have for 4 more months and then she is back liveing with other chimps.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Soon2bechiowner said:
Yup! I have a monkey and a chimp, the monkeys a rescue and Im a foster mother for the chimp untill she can go back to the detroit zoo.

I go to a conformation class every week with the breeder so I'll see if I can take her home for the night and see how she reacts. I doubt she will have any problems with the Newf (Trinity) because shes just a big docile baby. She will let anyone or anything hang all over her and she will still be asleep. The pug (Winston) is a bit more energetic but they have met before and got along great. My monkey (Boris) is very friendly but we will have to see how they get along. And My chimp I only have for 4 more months and then she is back liveing with other chimps.
WOW!!!! :shock: That's amazing!! You must have a very interesting household!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:cry: no.... Sorry Ive only been able to post pics e-mailed to me or taken with our old digital camera. Both me and my hubby cant work our new one and cant figure out how to put the pics on the computer. I am so angery I am very close to just buying a new one! :evil: :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts