Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, my 11yo daughter's best friend called us to say they are fostering a boy chi. My daughter took off to their house to see him. I called later asking if we could come visit. Her mom said we are adopting him. He was found wandering around and taken to a local shelter. My friend Sylvia went their intending to get her daughters another kitten. She went in and told them she had a 9yo chi and 1 cat so far. They told her about Bruno. He apparently had been tied up outside. His neck is bare where a collar or chain was too tight. He is heartworm positive and covered in tick & mosquito bites. The shelter said they would pay to have him neutered and his heartworm treatment. Sylvia told them she didn't want to fall in love and him die from heartworms. They are pretty confident that the treatment will work. He is so sweet to every stranger. He just wants love and a family. I told Sylvia that he has probably never had attention before and wants it from anyone who will give it to him. He gave me kisses and sat next to Sylvia just wanting to be petted. They took him to Petco last night to get him a shirt. Their 9yo chi Biscuit gets along fine with him. The look so cute together, she is petite and he has a big build even though he is thin. They are both beige and look like a cute little couple. I am so glad Sylvia found this little guy, she and her girls love chis and all animals. He will be so lucky to have all the love and hopefully will forget whatever happened in his past. The shelter thinks maybe he was tied up outside and used as a stud dog. The previous owners will probably never be found. But his life will hopefully take a turn for the better if they can get rid of the heartworms. Sorry it's so long, I just think Sylvia and her girls are wonderful people to do this for little Bruno.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
awwww sweet, im also glad for a happy ending, and hope bruno has a great life beyond this point

i was going to call deano bruno!!!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ah The poor little thing I am so glad he is going to have a good home I hope he recovers quickly from the heartworm. He has probably never had a really loving home :cry:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm so glad Bruno has a new home and a family that will lavish him with TLC. I'm sure his little neck will heal in no time, and that his heartworm treatment will be a success. How wonderful of your friends to adopt this sweet boy.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Your friend is a true angel..........to take in an abused dog is truly admirable, but to also know it needs treatment for heartworms makes her very special. I am so glad this little dog found a loving home.

·
Registered
518 Posts
How old is he?
Do we get to see pics?
Is Sylvia a member of this site?
If not, why don't you invite her to join? She sounds like a wonderful person.
Do I ask too many questions?? :lol:

My hopes and prayers are with this little guy to get over the heartworms. The person who owned him before should be chained to something by their neck for a few years.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Im so glad hes got a new and loving home! I hope he makes it through the heartworm treatment. Please keep us updated and post some pics of both Chi's! :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bruno

Bruno appears to be 6-7yo. I will get pictures of him. He's so cute, he looks like a tough little guy. I will tell Sylvia about this site. She is a wonderful person. She said she held him and let them put him back. Then walked around thinking about the heartworm situation. She then went and got him out of the cage and said she had to have him. I will call this afternoon to check on him again, he is going to get neutered this week I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts