Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving to our new home soon and the chis get their own room and I am trying to get a bit more organized for once in my life (LOL)
They have sooooo many toys, they are either always scattered on the floor or when I pack them up I put them in huge bin bags in one corner.
They have 2 bin bags FULL of toys :S
Unfortunately I don't think the whole bin bag-thing matches the style of our new home haha!

So I am looking for any websites or shops you know of that has pretty looking toy boxes with a LOT of space so I can put all their things in

I found a really gorgeous one where you can personalize it and have your poochies name on it, but it is just too small.

Any suggestions please?

P.s I am in the UK, but any US websites or others that do international shipping are also fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about a trunk of some kind...like a natural fiber seagrass trunk or if that's not your style, you can find something more traditional. Target has some nice, affordable ones.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I can't tell you where to get any good ones. But maybe you could buy cheap, big ones and personalize it yourself? Like glue nice wall-paper on them, and add their names and other cute details? Then it would match the style of your home and it would be more personal.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind a pretty trunk or chest I will have a look
I will be very busy so I don't think I can make one myself :(

I LOOOVEEE the petsmart toybox! It is very cute but unfortunately a tad on the small size. If only they made it in Xlarge...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have an open basket for my dogs' toys, and it works fine. My roomate got a large hamper type basket for her pugs, with a hinged lid. It's as big as a trunk! They have so many toys it's just ridiculous. Anyway, it fit all their most used toys (she has another plastic bin in the washroom) and it worked great.....until they decided the wicker was just another chew toy. :( Now it's all but ruined. Stuff made of wicker isn't necessarily the best thing around dogs (she had a similar issue with a wicker dog bed) depending on how whether or not they're going to be attracted to the basket to chew on.

Jazz is an avid chewer, but he sticks to just his toys. I don't know why he's so careful to not chew on anything else...the way he goes after his toys and bully sticks you'd think he'd want to chew anything he could get to. But he doesn't. It's nothing I've trained him into just btw, he's just never been tempted to chew on anything except what I've given him specifically for that purpose. So just because your dog is a chewer doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be destructive to everything he can get his mouth on.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats really good advice
I will avoid wicker baskets then
I found a nice huge leather chest in TKmax, I might decide to get that one, but it is a tad on the pricey side
£270!!!
I have an open basket for my dogs' toys, and it works fine. My roomate got a large hamper type basket for her pugs, with a hinged lid. It's as big as a trunk! They have so many toys it's just ridiculous. Anyway, it fit all their most used toys (she has another plastic bin in the washroom) and it worked great.....until they decided the wicker was just another chew toy. :( Now it's all but ruined. Stuff made of wicker isn't necessarily the best thing around dogs (she had a similar issue with a wicker dog bed) depending on how whether or not they're going to be attracted to the basket to chew on.

Jazz is an avid chewer, but he sticks to just his toys. I don't know why he's so careful to not chew on anything else...the way he goes after his toys and bully sticks you'd think he'd want to chew anything he could get to. But he doesn't. It's nothing I've trained him into just btw, he's just never been tempted to chew on anything except what I've given him specifically for that purpose. So just because your dog is a chewer doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be destructive to everything he can get his mouth on.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My dog toys (all 52! I counted the other day!!) are in a plastic crate. Not very glam but the fact it is wedged in a corner means I can pile the toys high without them falling out. I love it when one of the dogs jumps in and disappears as they hunt to the bottom for something!!
What about an underbed storage box???nice and roomy and they can jump in and help theirselves??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts