Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in northern Michigan you just might get lucky and see a snow mole in the winter time, but it all depends exactly where your located and what you have at your home.
This winter with lots of snow this snow mole is very very commin around here and yes they mostly come out in the day BUT they also come out at night to.
I normaly shovel right down to the grass in the dogs potty area so im careful not to whack a mole while doing so mostly they just zoom burrowing thru the snow getting outa my way. LOL!

Here if you look closely you can see a path from one that made it up the snow bank but dissaperd under the snow burrowing.

OH LOOK its peeking out from under the snow while in its tunnel. :D

Oh now its getting ready to burrow.

Here it is on the move burrowing all over the place

Oh it finaly poped up again, probably wondering where to burrow next.

UH OH it sees a human!!!

I guess its going to come over and try and make friends.

Awww how cute is that.:p

and just as soon as we meet its was time to say goodbye and it was getting ready to leave when it turned back to say your a nice human but i love my snow and must return to burrowing.

Farewell my little snow mole, untill we meet again you are always welcome in my yard.

Muffin is a TRUE SNOW DOG.. She just loves it so much she can spend alot of time out there just having a grand ol time, but its when i throw something with my scent on it and tell her to FIND IT SEARCH she does just that and will not give up till she finds it, alot of times she will look at me for hand signals as to which way it might be if she cant get there thru the snow or is going the wrong direction, always wagging tail as she searches once she finds it there she pops up and wags the tail even more while sitting in place where its at like I DID IT I FOUND IT.. LOTS of praise and clapping telling her good girl makes for a happy Muffin..

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Now this should be a children's story book, about the snow mole, how clever and adorable. Snow moles are really a nice looking animal and smart too! They kinda look like your Chi. :D Love all those pictures and the story.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh my gosh this is the cutest story! I am a school teacher and from time to time I ask my friends on the border collie forum if I may use one of their pictures for a writing assignment. I am wondering if you would mind me usi your little story and then I can ask the children to write and illustrate a story of their own using a few panels. Would you mind? Feel free to say no. I won be offended. I hope I am not overstepping by asking. If this is not allowed I apologize. I don't remember seeing anything like this in the rules.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my gosh this is the cutest story! I am a school teacher and from time to time I ask my friends on the border collie forum if I may use one of their pictures for a writing assignment. I am wondering if you would mind me usi your little story and then I can ask the children to write and illustrate a story of their own using a few panels. Would you mind? Feel free to say no. I won be offended. I hope I am not overstepping by asking. If this is not allowed I apologize. I don't remember seeing anything like this in the rules.

Your more than welcome to use the story and pics as long as you note/they belong to me. I added a end pic to as well so now its alittle more complete.:coolwink:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
what a fab story...and what a brave little chihuahua ! Loved reading your tale and seeing that gorgeous mole :)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Muffin is a cute to see her mole through the snow , I watched her the other day. Muffin just brings such a huge smile on my face. I might have to chifur-nap her when Tracey not looking. Muffin just loves the snow so much never gets cold. Maybe she will teach Poptart too!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Your more than welcome to use the story and pics as long as you note/they belong to me. I added a end pic to as well so now its alittle more complete.:coolwink:
Thank you so much! I think the children will enjoy this. Right now we are working on projects for literary devices. They are making 8 small books to be put into 1 lap book. We started today so this will be the next project.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts