Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was not sure where to post this since it was not a poem (maybe in our rainbow bridge area), but a beautiful tribute to not only our pets but to all of god's creatures and a reminder of how precious they are....

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years.
Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your
entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative,
ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in
the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets.
Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
~Now please pass this on to other pet owners.
We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded
by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

......I found this written in an email that was sent and no author was named.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hey "almost" neighbor I love it. When are you comming to town?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That makes me teary eyed =(

<<10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.>>

I can't emphasize this enough.. I absolutely HATE it when people just drop their pets off for euthanasia at work.. I always feel so terrible for the animals because they're usually scared because it's an unfamiliar area. Honestly I see it more with cats than dogs; but still it just kills me when people bring in this 15+ year old pet that's all skin and bones that you can just TELL has lead a long life.. and the people are so selfish that they can't even stay? I don't care how much it hurts you; YOU'RE the one that gets to go on in life... the least you can do is make sure your pet knows it's loved...
At work we give the pets a sedative first that basically puts them to sleep (literally) before the final injection; so I always make a point when putting them back in the cage after the sedative to just scratch them behind the ears or ANYTHING just to try making them at least a little comfortable because I can't stand to think that their last thoughts are of fear or anything.. =(

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That makes me teary eyed =(

<<10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.>>

I can't emphasize this enough.. I absolutely HATE it when people just drop their pets off for euthanasia at work.. I always feel so terrible for the animals because they're usually scared because it's an unfamiliar area. Honestly I see it more with cats than dogs; but still it just kills me when people bring in this 15+ year old pet that's all skin and bones that you can just TELL has lead a long life.. and the people are so selfish that they can't even stay? I don't care how much it hurts you; YOU'RE the one that gets to go on in life... the least you can do is make sure your pet knows it's loved...
At work we give the pets a sedative first that basically puts them to sleep (literally) before the final injection; so I always make a point when putting them back in the cage after the sedative to just scratch them behind the ears or ANYTHING just to try making them at least a little comfortable because I can't stand to think that their last thoughts are of fear or anything.. =(
I totally agree with you....for someone to just walk away and leave their pet with you must be so sad. Even if I picked up a stray that was injured and if I knew it had to be put to sleep, you can be sure I would stay there with the poor thing until the end. And if it's someones pet, how is it that they can just walk in, leave the pet and go when that pet has been a part of the family ....sooo sad.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
OMG, bawling my eyes out right now. My breeder has this on her website and I've never gotten over it, EVER. It is so beautiful and so true. Nobody wants to go out of this world alone and they must feel the same way. In fact, I think that they crave "no" alone time being that we are the only true stimulation they have outside of themselves.

Several years ago, when I had to put my first cat to rest, I was such a chicken. Couldn't stay, couldn't wait, couldn't face it. They could only do it like an hour and a half after I dropped her off. I left her and completely justified it to myself. I have never forgiven myself, gotten over the turmoil that I felt not being there and always have wondered how scared and alone she must have felt. Not judging of course, but it wasn't the right decision for me. I have felt peace since than being there and knowing that I was doing the right thing. Guess I just needed to grow up and learn that lesson on my own but it will never leave my mind.

Thanks for posting this!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts