Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am an unexpected chihuahua lover - my sister had one before me and I thought she was cute but never was interested in having my own (I have "working/herding" dogs = bigger) until I found Izzi. I found Izzi on my dirt road and never found her original home (I think she might have been dumped off as she was fairly skinny). I live on a horse farm and have bigger dogs and wasn't too sure how a chihuahua was going to work out. Well Izzi won me over with those big eyes that just emanated love - it was a little intense at first but I got used to it! So now I have 2 more chihuahuas - one of which I got from the shelter and he's a special case (definitely has some psychological issues but we love him anyway - Steve Z) and the other is a little girl just over 2 pounds - Lexi. Any way I'm hooked on these little cuddle bugs with the big personalities!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome! Your chis are adorable. I too grew up with horses and large dogs, labs, shepherds, and heelers. And now I have a 6 pound chi on my lap as I type this. And I love her deeply. They are great. I still love big dogs too tho!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello and welcome to CP!
You chi is very beautiful and I love her unique markings
Chis really are big bundles of personalities :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very beautiful dogs! :) I love dogs of all sizes but I prefer the smaller ones for myself lol. Couldn't keep a great dane in my apartment.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's great that you were able to take Izzi in. I found one pretty much the same way a few months ago. The poor thing. She's so weary of strangers, she still doesn't trust me, my family, or our neighbors. She has eaten food from my hand though. Just can't seem to convince her to get any closer than that. But at least she plays with my chi.

Anyway, welcome to CP! I hope you'll enjoy it here!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everybody! All your chi's are beautiful as well! :) @Hollysmom don't worry, she'll come around. Izzi was very much the same way, for some reason she chose me and would only let me pick her up and was very wary around my family and also a pain when we let her outside - we'd have to open the doors and kind of herd her back in (I kind of suspected with her that that was more of a game than a fear since my other chi's will play hard to get sometimes too!) - but she slowly settled into the household and got used to my family members and now jumps on everyone's lap and begs with the rest of them. She's still wary of strangers but I've read that's how a lot of chi's are. I've had her for almost 3 years now and she thinks she owns the place! So don't worry your little girl will come around, just be patient and I also found not too pushy, she'll trust you and be so thankful to you for saving her!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hey Jessica!!! :p Welcome to the forum! Your pups are all beautiful!
I would LOVE to see some pics of your big dogs and horses as well, I adore both!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi Jessica- I'm also in Florida, central area, welcome to the forums.

Your little ones are so cute, I love the expression the black/brown
one has on his face! Is that Steve Z ? I also LOVE the collar on
the LH, very pretty!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh thank you! I'll have to go through and pick out a few good pics of my herd wrestling around the yard and post them. Chanel is just gorgeous as well!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think you should send that cute little black and tan right over to my house. :) Very cute pups you have there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AWW Brody is just precious! And nope I'm keeping my Lexi, even though she kills me with cuteness! Her and Brody would be the cutest little friends!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts