Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew had to have their dog put to sleep yesterday. Her name was Shamrock. She was 17+ years old. She was a mutt, not very big, probably a little beagle and some terrier of some sort in her background. My mother adopted a little white dog from the shelter 18 years ago and she had five puppies, which were unexpected, but welcomed. My nephew and his wife were newleyweds and they adopted Shamrock. She was very well loved and she had a very good life. They have three kids, ages 8, 5, and 3, who will miss her very much. She will be remembered fondly by all the family. She has joined my Kozanna and Lacy now and all the other precious furkids that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Rest in peace, sweet Shammy.

Jeanette

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
So sorry for their loss, and yours.
Rest in peace Shamrock.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
RIP Shamrock. I'm sorry for all of your loss. It sounds like Shamrock had a wonderful life. Gentle (((hugs))) for the kids.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words. Shammy wasn't born on St. Patrick's Day. She was born in August, on my nephew's 1st wedding anniversary, in fact, so she had been with them almost all of their married life. The kids had been told that Shamrock was old and not well, so they were a little prepared. The three-year-old talked to her grandma and grandpa about Shammy and understood that she had died. Not sure what a three-year-old understands about death, but they had talked to the kids, of course. Shamrock had to be carried outside to potty because she had arthritis and the three-year-old, Kacey, always went with her daddy and held Shamrock's leash. It wasn't necessary, but she wanted to help. Sadly, death is a lesson children need to learn about. They are sad, but seem to be handling it pretty well.

Jeanette

1 - 12 of 12 Posts