Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my son to video of him showing off his tricks. He is so good at learning as I knew as he has such energy I have to do something constucted with him to keep him form getting board. I am so proud of him.:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wow. I really think Kasper is the prettiest Chi I've seen :p He's so clever! How old is he now?

I'm teaching Baby obedience :) She seems to be responding really well so far, although i've only worked on 'HERE Baby' and 'Sit'!

·
Registered
687 Posts
They learn really quickly! Baby's picked up 'sit' in three days, and she's only just 9 weeks old! I bet you'll have him dancing a waving and playing dead too in no time xD There's a Chi on youtube if you search 'Febe chihuahua' who is super clever - I think Kasper definitely has the potential for that!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
now I WISH my boys would do that with Stitch there is no teaching him anything and Zero I get a very begruding sit and occasionally paw.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rah said:
They learn really quickly! Baby's picked up 'sit' in three days, and she's only just 9 weeks old! I bet you'll have him dancing a waving and playing dead too in no time xD There's a Chi on youtube if you search 'Febe chihuahua' who is super clever - I think Kasper definitely has the potential for that!
I will go and take alook now.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a beautiful chihuahua she is too.
Ella can High five , sit,lay give paw and dance the only one she cant do is roll over and wave.
I better get to training hadn't I.
What this space 'Febe' ......heehee

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heehee looking like they do why should they do tricks anyway...they just need to sit and look handsome, what more do we need?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Jennifer - my total idol is Victoria Stillwell! I've learnt all my training skills from her book 'it's me or the dog'. She's all about positive reinforcement and dog language. It's a really interesting book, and has lots of lovely pictures to break up the writing so it doesn't feel like a lecture!

Baby was totally hyper in her first session with me, but the tips the book gives show you how to work with that :) By the end of the first session she realised that jumping up and trying to eat my hand didn't get her the treat :p

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I haven't tried anything with the baby yet, but I've only had her for 2.5 days.
Carl can sit, give paw, lay down, dance, and crawl. I've always wanted to teach him to sit pretty and roll over. I'll have to work on that this summer!

The baby doesn't even come when I call ;) She's a little brat! :love5:
Kasper's so clever though, and SO adorable!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts