Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the most horrible stories I have read about dog cruelty. It is very sad, and I do not recommend reading further if you are sensitive about chis.:protest:

It is terrible that there are actually people out there who can be so cruel. What monster has the crooked soul to hurt and kill such a small, precious creature? I can't believe this guy didn't have to serve any more time. I think he should have been put away, and the girlfriend should also have some accountability. :protest:

God bless Chiquita. Rest in Peace. :(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/BAOS12S5A4.DTL

Reposted from the San Francisco Chronicle:

A man has pleaded no contest to charges that he kicked his girlfriend's Chihuahua to death after it soiled their bed in Redwood City.
Ariel Aspedilla, 26, of Manteca entered his no-contest plea to a felony animal cruelty charge on Monday in San Mateo County Superior Court. Judge Clifford Cretan sentenced him to nine months in jail and allowed Aspedilla to be released because of credit for time served.

Aspedilla was arrested March 13 after Chiquita, a 4-year-old female, died at an animal hospital, prosecutors said.

Aspedilla spent the night of March 6 with his girlfriend at her apartment and awoke to find that Chiquita had defecated and urinated on the bed, prosecutors said. Enraged, he kicked the dog four or five times, said Steve Wagstaffe, chief deputy district attorney.

Chiquita suffered five broken ribs, punctured lungs and a damaged liver and lost a significant amount of blood, authorities said. Aspedilla and his girlfriend brought the dog to Sequoia Veterinary Hospital in Redwood City, where a doctor tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate it, said Eva Fillyaw, a manager at the clinic.

Aspedilla was consoling his weeping girlfriend and appeared eager to accept the doctor's initial diagnosis that Chiquita might have an immune-system problem that was causing blood loss, Fillyaw said.

But a necropsy revealed the broken ribs as well as previous signs of abuse, Fillyaw said.

I pray for all the other chis out there with bad owners.

If a dog uses the restroom on the bed, it is your responsibility to clean it up and put the dog elsewhere.

My heart goes out to the poor little soul. :(

L

·
0 Posts
How sad. My first Chi was named Chiquita. I hope this guy pays for his cruelty.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
God bless Chiquita. Rest in Peace. :(

I pray for all the other chis out there with bad owners.

My heart goes out to the poor little soul. :([/QUOTE]

I second those thoughts. Sweet dreams litttle Chiquita, I would have loved you.

·
Registered
525 Posts
GRRR! I can't even say what I would have done to him if I had been the vet. I wonder if she soiled the bed because she was acting out against him? Too bad she didn't bite him instead. Then she would at least have had a chance to get back at him for the previous beating that it sounds like she got.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My question is how did the girlfriend let this go? I mean this can't be the first time he has done this or has shown physical abuse. So personally I wish they both take a class on animal rights and what such.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
At least 4 to 5 times with great vigor. :mad:
Here here. This has disgusted me, I think abuse of an animal should be treated just the same as abuse of a child or another human, it seems a few month in prison (which they usually get out 4 months before they should) Why isnt there a stronger sentance than this? Anyone who can harm any living thing out of anger cannot be a sane person in my eyes..

I wish we could push for a stronger sentance, And if I was the girlfirend, Id be the one in prison for murder.

:foxes15::foxes15:poor little chi my heart goes out to her I wished she would have survived and lived in a happier home xx im so sad.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My question is how did the girlfriend let this go? I mean this can't be the first time he has done this or has shown physical abuse. So personally I wish they both take a class on animal rights and what such.
More than likely the girlfriend was being abused too and does not know
to get out of the situation she is in.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ok, I shouldn't have read it, but it is a sad reality of one goes on in some homes. The girlfriend must have taken a few beatings in her time by this creep and had to be scared of him herself. We can only cry and pray for these little one's, and report abuse if we know of it, for the humans and pets. Little Chiquita will be on my mind for a very long time. :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't get how the girlfriend just let her bf beat her dog!! Or why she would want to be with someone who would do that. My bf didn't want Emma at first but now she's his baby.. if he didn't let me get her I would have left him in a heart beat dogs are important to me

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'd like to kick that guy someplace else!
oh, yeah! kick the crud out of both of them. lots and lots! him for doing it, and her for letting him. if he had done it before, and she wouldnt leave him, she could have at least re-homed chiquita!:foxes15::foxes15::foxes15:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Please don't get me wrong. I too want to kick both of them. The story just brought back a memory of when I lived with an abusive boyfriend. He went after my cat, which I grabbed, ran out the door, and never looked back. For her not to do something is disgusting. I was thinking he was abusing both of them and she couldn't get to her chi. Rochelle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wish I knew his address because I would go kick the crap out of him:foxes15:

When I read this I could feel heat coming off my face litterally! This kindof stuff makes me so angry and I am really not one to ever hold my tounge and it does get me in trouble alot at work but I cannot stand animal crulty, I just will never get it:(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
OMG how do they get away with it with a slap on the wrist?!
That poor animal suffered horrendously and they do nothing about it :mad: :mad:
That poor little baby :(
At least she is safe now
R.I.P little Chiquita :( xxxxxx

1 - 20 of 34 Posts