Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really know where to ask this.
So this will be the first christmas my husband and I spend just the two of us plus the chis now, of course :)
I love x-mas and I want it to be perfect, one important thing is the tree, my chis would chew everything and eat it also, for instant sometimes they chew the paint of the walls and eat it.
I'm very concern about this and I'm thinking what I could do, they will be 6 months the 29th december so still pretty young.
My question is for all of you who have spent x-mas with your furbabies already what have you done? what could I do? Maybe gate an area around? that's the only thought that have crossed my mind.
Sorry if it's in the wrong category :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I didn't really know where to ask this.
So this will be the first christmas my husband and I spend just the two of us plus the chis now, of course :)
I love x-mas and I want it to be perfect, one important thing is the tree, my chis would chew everything and eat it also, for instant sometimes they chew the paint of the walls and eat it.
I'm very concern about this and I'm thinking what I could do, they will be 6 months the 29th december so still pretty young.
My question is for all of you who have spent x-mas with your furbabies already what have you done? what could I do? Maybe gate an area around? that's the only thought that have crossed my mind.
Sorry if it's in the wrong category :)
I had the same thought actually. My girl hasn't destroyed anything but she goes crazy over balls so I can only imagine what is going to happen if I hang them off our xmas tree..
She knows the "leave it" command so I don't think she will do anything "harsh" if I catch her in the act. I am pretty sure she is just going to bark at the ornaments like she does when we hold her ball up high and she wants us to throw it.

SInce your babies will be partners in crime, I guess you will have to watch them like a hawk or gate the area, like you said. Other than that maybe just put things out of their reach if that is possible.

·
Registered
786 Posts
We have a fake tree & I left off the bottom row of limbs so that Ote couldn't reach them. I also refrained from putting any ornaments near the bottom, and left off any fragile or heavy ornaments. Another suggestion would be to get a small 3 or 4' tree and put it on a table so that the littles can't get to it! Hope I helped!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I'd say a gate around it or a smaller tree on top of a little table? I just have a really small pink tree and I put it on a table or bench I'm afraid of the gifts getting peed on or ripped up lol although my dogs are house trained I have a male he marks once in a blue moon

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I was going to suggest a little gate myself. Maybe you can even find something cute and festive that would actually look nice around the tree. I think that's the route we'll be going when Christmas rolls around. This will be Gemma's first Christmas as well so I'm sure she's going to go crazy over the tree and dangling ornaments. I think we'll also get a fake tree to avoid issues with Gemma trying to eat pine needles, because I'm positive she will.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ladies thank you for your answers you have been most helpful I am looking for a gate right now, I think that's the best solution as I want a big tree, but we will get a fake one anyway because (call me crazy) I hate the smell of the real ones :)

I was going to suggest a little gate myself. Maybe you can even find something cute and festive that would actually look nice around the tree. I think that's the route we'll be going when Christmas rolls around. This will be Gemma's first Christmas as well so I'm sure she's going to go crazy over the tree and dangling ornaments. I think we'll also get a fake tree to avoid issues with Gemma trying to eat pine needles, because I'm positive she will.
Caitlin I hope Gemma is feeling better, lots of love and healing thoughts <3

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts