Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to insideedition.com to see a broadcast about the downside of the Chihuahua Craze. :(

Since the Taco Bell commercials HUNDREDS OF CHIHUAHUAS ARE DYING EVERY DAY IN OUR CITY AND COUNTY SHELTERS. THE GREEDY BREEDERS DON'T CARE THAT THESE INNOCENT LITTLE CHIHUAHUAS WILL BE "DUMPED" :evil: HELP STOP IRRESPONSIBLE BREEDERS, DON'T BUY CHIHUAHUAS FROM PET STORES! CALL THE PRESIDENT OF TACO BELL, EMIL BROLICK, AT 949-863-4500 AND ASK HIM TO HELP US SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO SAVE ABANDONED CHIHUAHUAS!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gosh- out here in Utah, I had to really hunt for months for a chi female that didn't cost a fortune. I would have loved to have gotten one a couple of years old, already spayed, that someone needed to surrender. I checked the pounds, petfinder, etc., called different breeders and ads. I guess that's why when I saw beautiful little Reba in a pet store, I just had to bail her out. Even though we've had a bit of a rough go, I am really glad we have her. She is beautiful- but I'm getting off track here. My point was, do you think the chi "dumping" is happening mostly in big cities?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
jezapach,

I did not know you where in Utah! I am in Pocatello Idaho! I called the Chihuahua rescue today to begin the rescue of chihuahuas. I would like to get in touch with you, if you are interested in becoming part of my rescue?

I PMed you. I would love your number and we can talk!

·
Registered
16 Posts
We live in a small country town and just adopted a chihuahua who had been dumped on the side of the road (so it can be anywhere, not just big cities). The lady at the vets called him the Taco Bell dog (he does look like him), but it made me cringe because dog mascots really do create a craze. When Snow Dogs came out it created a husky crazy and 101 Dalmations created a dalmation craze and then they filled the shelters because people didn't expect what they got with these types of breeds. Not companies faults, however, people just need to research before they get a dog. Sad deal.

·
Registered
257 Posts
tema2114 said:
Ha ha I was going to make the same comment about the Taco Bell dog, yes he is a "she". I hope there is never a Saint Benard craze!! :happy4:
It might teach those "craze" owners a thing or two about following without thinking ahead. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Opps, didn't know that dog was a girl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts