Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And spending her first day in genpop. lol She wants to just sit on my lap. I put her down, but she just jumps on my leg and stares at me. I can't wait until she makes some friends and gets more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If she's like Gracie, she may be a little antisocial post heat, but I'm sure you know that. Gracie hates everyone and everything (except my husband and myself) for about 2 weeks after it's over with. I guess it takes awhile for their hormones to balance back out.

Plus, she's been a "momma's girl" this whole time! Your lap is the place to be!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I've never really dealt that much with girls coming out of heat, they are usually fixed before they go into heat. And I usually only have boys. Looking back over the years, of the almost one hundred dogs I've owned, I can ony count 6 girls. The only one I've dealt extensively with being in heat is Twiggy and Ling Ling and they've always been fine after a heat. Well, Ling Ling was always grumpy, I didn't notice her being grumpier than usual after a heat. Abby ony wants to be on a lap, she doesn't know how to be a dog. So, while she gets cuddle time, I am letting her down with the pack to teach her how to be a dog and not a lap ornament.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts