Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've known for a while, but now I've decided to post this. Abby, the little chi my daughter's friend let her rescue, is pregnant. When I got her I was worried that she may be from statements the girl made to Quisha and now we find out she is. As near as the vet and I can tell, she will be having puppies first or second week of Feb. *sigh* I've been trying to get ahold of the friend to see if she knows the breed of the dog that got her pregnant, but she isn't answering. I did see two male unneutered chis walking down the street in the few minutes I was sitting in the car, waiting to get Abby. Poor girl. At least after this litter she will be spayed and this won't happen again. This will be her second litter. Makes me so mad when people don't take care of their animals and don't get them fixed.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Dear lord...

Well they couldn't have found a better place to start life and I look forward to the pics..You know it's funny I know this isn't a good thing but because she is with you I am a little bit excited.... it feels good for once to be looking forward to puppies being born instead of afraid for the lives the puppies will have.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear lord...

Well they couldn't have found a better place to start life and I look forward to the pics..You know it's funny I know this isn't a good thing but because she is with you I am a little bit excited.... it feels good for once to be looking forward to puppies being born instead of afraid for the lives the puppies will have.
Well, thank you. This is just the second litter I will have ever been around, I am a little (very) nervous. Marmalade came to me pregnant, I was told she had three weeks left until birth and she had the pups less than two days after I brought her home, in the middle of the night, on the side of my bed in a pile of clothes. Oops. At least with Abby, she's been to the vet, I have a whelping box set up which she has access to at all times as we have no idea when she is going to have them, she's on good food, and I kinda know what I'm doing.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly. Are you keeping the puppies or rehoming them once they are old enough?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be rehoming them as I did with Marmalade's. I rehomed them after their second puppy shot and with a neuter contract and both new owners sent me confirmation when they were neutered. So we will do it that way again.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Great idea, could you imagine having to pay for the fixing of so many puppies when your doing this on your own with no funding *shudder* you are a saint. for everything you do!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
awww Pam, you certainly have your hands full! Is there anything you need for the
expectant litter? Blankets? Puppy Formula? I would be glad to send something to
help out :)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol A puppy shower, what a cute idea. Thank you for the offer. Blankets and toys would be awesome. I know my real young puppies loved snuggling with a stuffed toy. Marmalade's puppies both left here with their shot record, a bag of food and a stuffed toy that had their mom's and my scent on it.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
lol A puppy shower, what a cute idea. Thank you for the offer. Blankets and toys would be awesome. I know my real young puppies loved snuggling with a stuffed toy. Marmalade's puppies both left here with their shot record, a bag of food and a stuffed toy that had their mom's and my scent on it.
If you don't want to post it here, please PM me your address :) Thanks!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I am going to contact BOTH Petco and Petsmart and suggest that they offer a registry!

PM me as well. I may have your info but am not certain.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Its called Pam's Chihuahua Sanctuary. I chose the name sanctuary instead of rescue as so many of the dogs are lifers. I looked into becoming a non-profit, they said I needed three executives to sit on the board, I don't know three people. And I would need a financial plan. I don't do or understand numbers, I have dyslexia and dyscalculia, so its very hard for me. The by-laws I probably could whip up.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi will you send some pics i love the babies shes so luckey your daughter found her and saved her she ll be a wonderful dog for you rescueing her the babies sound like fun fun fun hope all goes well your a good person for doing all you do with chihs

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
What a fantastic idea,oh just seen the post for things you have:eek:,what about a list for all the things that you would like for the chis that you haven't got and we could help with

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really don't know what to ask for other than blankets and stuffed toys. I will have to go get a thermometer, iodine swabs, Nutracal and a hot water bottle, the rest of the stuff I have. Maybe some puppy milk to mix in with the kibble when they are weaned?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts