Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, I'm a little slow. The reason the boys are so interested in her is she is still coming out of heat. Duh. So now she is in a big crate up on the tv stand with her toys and food and water. (I put her up there for both her protection and because the boys were driving me crazy.) Not the best way to introduce her to the pack but I went through the same thing when I found Isis, she went into heat two days later. So I will have to wait a bit to get her fixed and hope she didnt get bred. And yes, I will take her in in a few weeks to see if she has puppies incubating. When would be the best time to see if she is pregnant? I sure hope and pray she isn't.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can they tell even before her heat is over if she is pregnant? I don't think that is possible. Btw, she was telling my boys she wasn't interested, there was no tying here, but the puppies weren't getting the message as she just still smelled good to them so they wouldn't leave her alone.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
So are you thinking she might have gotten pregnant before you got her then?? I think it's between 18-20 days after possible pregnancy that your vet can do an ultrasound and see.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, she said all the males at her house were after her. Hopefully she kept them all away.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
call the vet on Monday. They can spay when 'going out of heat' or soon afterwards even if she is pregnant. ASAP! Sue
No, thank you. There is a greater risk of bleeding, complications, and dying if I were to spay now. The uterus is engorged with blood and makes for a much higher risk of bleeding and I really don't want to risk it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts