Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just have faith and try to comfort her.

And, if necessary, tell your vet off. Well, not literally. But I've noticed that with doctors and vets, they are reluctant to re-assess their first diagnosis. I don't know why, but even when it seems more serious, or you are un-convinced it is not more serious, they won't take time to explain or reconsider. I've had to take a very sharp tone with my doctors a few times. Say, "Look, this doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else we can do, because this ain't gonna cut it." Your dog is like your baby, and you are understandably VERY upset.

And I'm really sorry, Puck has scared me badly doing something similar, but it only lasted one morning and afternoon, so it wasn't serious. I called the vet at like 8AM because he threw up, yelped when I touched his belly, and refused to budge from my lap. They said that if it didn't get better during the day to bring him in the next morning. But he got better... So my fingers are definately crossed for you that the pills will start to work (and antibiotics do typically take about a week...)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.