Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of your chi's put a guard up around new people and dogs? my male chi does when new people come into the house or around him..he will continuously bark until the person puts their hand down and lets him smell it...the only thing is you cant jerk away suddenly etc..after that he'll be perfectly fine and wont leave you alone hehe..same thing around dogs..we recently put him around a yorkie and he continuously barked and then we let him loose and he loved the pup...they became best friends...when people are walking by he'll bark and bark as well...same with dogs..as for my female she's pretty calm around people but always barks at other dogs as she is afraid..and i feel she doesnt like females(humans) as much..as the other day i brought her around my fiance's mother and she was so scared and kept trying to run away and kept barking but around his brother and father she was normal..but i've never had a problem with her being afraid of females before as she has been around my female friends with no problem....any ideas on socializing them more so that they dont bark and become aggressive around new people and animals? i mean their total sweethearts and i know that chi's are very protective of their owners but i would like them to be able to play with other doggies and people who they dont know and not have to bark as if they have a guard up. any suggestions will be kindly appreciated..thankyou!

·
Registered
683 Posts
My girls the same, i just shout at her to be quiet and she still barks when i go close to her and shout she will be quiet!

Other than that i think they just think their guard dogs and just bark at ppl - i've often wondered if coco does it to say hello as her tails always wagging when she barks?

Who knows at least you know someones dogs the same :wave:

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Jamoka is like that with men, but i talked to him and he seems to be comeing around. (lol that makes me sound really crazy as i re checked my post ) Jemini likes everyone SO FAR! i mean she's only 3 months

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah also has problems with people and other dogs as well. As far as other animals go I let him down to go meet them and stuff and after about a minute or two he calms down. But when I'm at work and holding him and someone comes in he starts to bark and I tell him quiet. He's gotten a lot better considering if he saw someone out the window he'd go crazy, but now it's only if they come in. He especially hates men, except for friends and family that he recognizes.

I also noticed it's in particular places that he barks. He'll bark at my friends house all the time, they have a cat and dog, but Seiah loves my friend. He'll also bark at work. But he won't bark at home, Ash's parents house, malls (where there are a lot of people around), vets office, petsmart, and a few other places. It's weird I just don't get it.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
mine do exactly the same thing :D :D :D they want attention or will bark !! but they are very sweet and licking the persons head off afterwards

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper wouldn't dare bark at anyone/anything! Not because I won't let him... because he doesn't want to offend anyone. LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
My sweet little male chihuahua is 2 years old and was well socialized, then we got a a little female two year old yorkie. Both dogs weigh 4 lbs . My little chi has become so aggressive to the little yorkie and people. Sometimes he's even aggressive to me. I feed them separately. I don't know what to do. It's been 6 months now and it's getting worse. I love them both. The Yorkie is so sweet ,she always gives in, but sometimes she has to defend herself from his aggression. Please help. Anything I will try anything!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
My sweet little male chihuahua is 2 years old and was well socialized, then we got a a little female two year old yorkie. Both dogs weigh 4 lbs . My little chi has become so aggressive to the little yorkie and people. Sometimes he's even aggressive to me. I feed them separately. I don't know what to do. It's been 6 months now and it's getting worse. I love them both. The Yorkie is so sweet ,she always gives in, but sometimes she has to defend herself from his aggression. Please help. Anything I will try anything!
I don't have much advice, just that I would try to start a new thread. This one is almost 8 years old, and I don't know that any of these people still frequent the forum :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you so much. I don't know much about computers so I don't know
what threads are. I just write in the bottom where it says post quick reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts