Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning, rant inc:

I bought my mom a plane ticket to come visit me 13 days ago, paid $430 for it. The flight is at the end of May.

After hearing all the misc. about gas prices and airline prices going up I decided to see how good of a deal I got.

The EXACT same flight is now $250 through the same booking company.

So I get on the phone and sit through 35 minutes of hold music till I get someone, who then tells me I have 24-48 hours to claim a better price (which the website only says 24 so I assume there are some exceptions to the rule made if he says 48 ) so I ask to speak to a supervisor, he cuts me off and I guess I get transferred to sit through ANOTHER 40 minutes of hold music only to get disconnected.

It's not even like I want my money back, anything would be better than feeling like you got robbed right in front of your face. Heck HALF credit, an apology, SOMETHING would be better than this. It's not like i'm trying to take my business elsewhere though perhaps I should.

I wrote a letter to customer service, I was cordial; but I fear i'm fighting goliath here.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So sorry!!! I've had that happen too. I've heard the best way to handle it is by email. It seems like it wouldn't be - that talking to a real person would be better. But that's what I was told. So maybe shoot off a bunch of emails and see if you can get some compensation. That stinks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry!!! I've had that happen too. I've heard the best way to handle it is by email. It seems like it wouldn't be - that talking to a real person would be better. But that's what I was told. So maybe shoot off a bunch of emails and see if you can get some compensation. That stinks!
Thanks Tracy, at least someone understands.

I wouldn't have minded if I'd missed out on $20 but almost $200? That's sickening, with as tight as money has been lately and to have that happen? Bleh.

Fingers crossed.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Did you get it resolved? I hope so that is alot of money. I hope they were able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not.

They responded with something to the effect of, no we can't do that; it's the same as if we were to go back and collect from everyone that paid less when someone pays a more expensive price.

Very cowardly, but i'll try not to let it bother me :]

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
WOW! So sorry you did not get this resolved. I think what would make me the MOST angry is having to sit through that boring music for SO long, only to be disconnected. They could have at least been courteous enough to professionally talk to you. Gah! So sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts