Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the pill for years but came off it because I'm on my own at the moment and the doctor kept bugging me to stop it.

Month after month the symptoms have been coming back. But my god last week I suffered. I have depression anyway but I have never felt so bad. I was snappy and moody and crying my eyes out constantly. My face was covered in spots and I NEVER get spots anymore.

I cannot believe how moody and depressed I was. I feel so much better now but I can't face going through that next time. I'm gonna go to the doc and see what he can do.

Have any of you ever been this bad?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm like this every month :-( and then when it starts I have cramps that are so horrible! I've debated going in but they usually don't take it so seriously. (my doctor anyhow)
I feel your pain!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah Marie, i have had times like that too.
I also suffer from depression so it really doesnt help.
Can make you feel so angry and then teary at the slightest thing i find.
Also cant concentrate on anything, and feel like am going mad at times.
It's rough!!
I tend to just shut myself away from the world when am like that.

I went back on the pill to help with my periods cause they were making me ill and i dreaded each month, not just for the physical things but the moods.
They say evening primrose oil works, i did try but wasnt consistent with it.
Also excersise helps with depression, but then when you feel like you have been hit by a bus, the last thing you think of doing is excersise, am i right?

I am a bit better now since going back on the pill, i can only have the mini pill due to migranes so have to take it every day without fail at the same time.
I set an alarm for it.
My period has just gone and wasnt too bad this month.
Just felt drained and a teeny bit angry.
Hopefully next month will be the same.
What gets me is have been with my man for 14 years and yet he still doesnt get why i act the way i do and argues back. lol silly man!

Hope you can get some help anyway to make it easier on you.
Sometimes it really stinks being a woman! xxx

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
i can only have the mini pill due to migranes so have to take it every day without fail at the same time.
Does that really help? my doctor told me I was not a candidate for the pill due to the migraine history I have. So there is a difference between certain types of the "pill"? I am really not very knowledgeable with this stuff! all I know is that since I had children it's 20x worse!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Evening Primrose Oil really helps with all these symptoms and more - but you need to take quite a high dose pill every day, it can take a month or two before you will notice it working and the longer you are taking it the more it works - really good for menopause too! - but that doesn't concern you yet :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evening Primrose Oil really helps with all these symptoms and more - but you need to take quite a high dose pill every day, it can take a month or two before you will notice it working and the longer you are taking it the more it works - really good for menopause too! - but that doesn't concern you yet :)
Does it really help? I'll give that a go then. I honestly was so depressed with it last week it was that bad. I'll do anything to avoid that again. What do I do just take capsules?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting Evening Primrose Oil capsules in Holland and Barratt tomorrow. I never knew the benefits before it was mentioned here and I read online about it. I'm getting the highest dose. I'll try anything to ease the symptoms.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Marie, i have had times like that too.
I also suffer from depression so it really doesnt help.
Can make you feel so angry and then teary at the slightest thing i find.
Also cant concentrate on anything, and feel like am going mad at times.
It's rough!!
I tend to just shut myself away from the world when am like that.

I went back on the pill to help with my periods cause they were making me ill and i dreaded each month, not just for the physical things but the moods.
They say evening primrose oil works, i did try but wasnt consistent with it.
Also excersise helps with depression, but then when you feel like you have been hit by a bus, the last thing you think of doing is excersise, am i right?

I am a bit better now since going back on the pill, i can only have the mini pill due to migranes so have to take it every day without fail at the same time.
I set an alarm for it.
My period has just gone and wasnt too bad this month.
Just felt drained and a teeny bit angry.
Hopefully next month will be the same.
What gets me is have been with my man for 14 years and yet he still doesnt get why i act the way i do and argues back. lol silly man!

Hope you can get some help anyway to make it easier on you.
Sometimes it really stinks being a woman! xxx
it's nice to talk to someone who understands. because I was on the pill for over 10 years I never had problems really but since coming off each month the symptoms have been coming back stronger and stronger. men just don't get it.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Does it really help? I'll give that a go then. I honestly was so depressed with it last week it was that bad. I'll do anything to avoid that again. What do I do just take capsules?
Yes it really works :) - you just need to take a high dose for a period of at least 2 months or so to see the difference!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My daughter was the same,came off the pill and she couldn't stop crying for no reason at all.She thought it would help with her dizzy spells that she's had for over a year.Made her worse she has now gone back on it.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Does that really help? my doctor told me I was not a candidate for the pill due to the migraine history I have. So there is a difference between certain types of the "pill"? I am really not very knowledgeable with this stuff! all I know is that since I had children it's 20x worse!
Yeah, well my doc seems to think it's fine to take the mini pill.
Other docs i have seen said the same.
Less of a danger to migrane sufferers.
I havent had a problem so far, touch wood.
Years ago when i was on the full pill, i went to a well woman clinic and the doc there said i should get off it imediately!!

You should speak to another doc about the mini pill and your history. x

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
My daughter was the same,came off the pill and she couldn't stop crying for no reason at all.She thought it would help with her dizzy spells that she's had for over a year.Made her worse she has now gone back on it.
Oh i had the awful dizzy spells too Michele, thought was something really wrong with me.
One morning i couldnt even walk to the bathroom when i woke up, was very scarey!!!
I actually had to crawl to get there!:(
Got the doc out that day.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
it's nice to talk to someone who understands. because I was on the pill for over 10 years I never had problems really but since coming off each month the symptoms have been coming back stronger and stronger. men just don't get it.
Oh it did get worse for me without being on anything!
You should see your doc again and try the evenin primrose too. xx

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Get a coil!! i have a mirena coil which basically has a small dosage of hormone on it.. it lasts for 5 years but can be taken out at any time and your fetility comes straight back.

I had awful periods to the point i'd pass out.. then i got pregnant coz i forgot to take my pill for 3 days and i have a gorgeous 9 year old to show for it so i wouldn't go back on the pill because of that.. have had the coil for many years now.. I had to have my last one taken out because i had an infection in my womb and had to have a break from anything for 6 months.

In those 6 months i basically heamorraged every month.. i was sitting at my desk at work got up looked down and there was blood pouring down my legs and all over my chair.. never been so embarrassed in all my life.. I also get a little psychotic on the pill and wanted to kill my bf at the time.. i was a total nightmare!!

Couldn't be without my coil now!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I spoke to my doc about the coil, and read up on it
Seems to be pretty painful for women who havent had any kids to have this put in.
Put me right off.
When i asked my doc they admitted that.
xx

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Also b complex vitamins work very well for depression. I totally would try something along that line than go with meds that aren't the best for ya'. Go on the computer and check some natural remedies. Good luck:)

Lori

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
what about going back on the pill or the birth control patch and "skipping" your periods. You would continue taking the birth control for 3 months and then have a period so you wuld only have a period 4 times a year. I suffered from bad bad periods since the beginning and was on the birth control patch for about 4 years. I took it continually like i described but have been off of it for awhile now and I only get my period for 2-4 days at the most now. I am not bitchy much these days and i feel so much better about getting it every month because it isn't as heavy as before so I don't worry about changing so often and feeling dizzy. This is what worked for me anyhow you might want to ask your doctor about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts