Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know both are excellent foods and I have had my boys on Orijen for a while now. Was wondering if anyone had tried both and which they preferred? The place I get my Orijen Regional Red now sale's Acana Ranchlands and suggested it.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I feed Lion Orijen Regional Red, but my boyfriend's mother and sister both switch between Orijen and Acana each bag. They haven't noticed a difference in their dogs on the two foods. I am choosing to stick with Orijen because Lion has a sensitive tummy and does well on Orijen. I may switch between Regional red and the 6 fish formula every other bag or so.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Orijen has the higher protein content. Arcana is made by the same company but has more "carbs" in the way of fruits and veggies. Both are excellent foods made with regional meats and produce. You can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i've stuck with Orijen for many years, and usually i switch between the fish one and the regular adult (which is chicken and turkey). Just to give my dog some variety in meat source.

Never tried Acana, but whichever your pup does well on, i would stick to it. they are both very good food :)

they do use human grade ingredients.....

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
michele i feed mine the acana grasslands and the love it its just the same kibble pieces only thing is its less protien count wich i prefer cause i remember reading somewhere to high a protien count is not good for small dogs but hey they are happy with it and doing great on it so im happy with it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts