Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone!

Romeo is doing so well and I'm loving him more and more everyday.
I'm thinking about the possibility of adopting another adult chihuahua but I'm worried about how that might effect our little pack dynamic.

I love Romeo, and chihuahuas, the thought of having another little angel is great. But, I'm worried he would be jealous or that it would change our bond if you know what I mean? I love him following me around the house, sitting on my knee when i do my makeup, curling up to me at night, id hate for him to stop doing those things.

Anyone have any experiences of adding a new chihuahua to a one chihuahua family they could share?

All advice appreciated!

Evie <3

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I'm also considering getting another little Chi in a year or so. In my experience, getting a pup of the opposite sex makes the transition easier, so I'll be getting Toby a little sister. There will be an adjustment period, but I'm sure he will adjust to have a companion.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
As you can see. I have tons of dogs. Either sex is fine, and it doesn't change their love of you, you'll always be their number one. But they will have someone to play with and be a dog with and it will double your laughter and joy watching them. Chis do extremely well in packs, they love other chis. But they are bred to be your lap dog, so don't worry, you won't be pushed aside.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If Romeo is good with other dogs, he'd probably love a new chi friend. Audrey didn't have any one her size (my other dog is a sharpei) till I adopted little Sophia. And now OH MY GOSH audrey has to be with sophia all the time. And its so fun because now I have 2 tiny cuddle babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.