Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sammy is crate trained and potty trained in the box. She's almost 6 months old and recently she has decided to show some bad behavior. She is barking at 6 or 7am each morning to get our attention. I don't let her out of the crate until she is quiet, but by that time we are already up and can't go back to sleep. If we pick her up and put her in bed with us or sleep on the couch with her, she will go back to bed quietly.

She also has a second bed, which we placed under the coffee table. She loves to jump in there when we are playing and she feels really secure there. But I have found that she's been peeing on the cushion. I am really mad because I had to wash it twice today. :evil: I didn't see her do it either, so I couldn't place her on the potty pad immediately after. She knows better, but why is she doing this to me? Only on the second bed (not in her crate, or anywhere else). :?

Any advise is welcomed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JOLIE'SMOM said:
I wonder if she barks at that time because she needs to potty?

Nope, I can pick her up and put her in bed with me or sleep on the couch until 10am without going to potty. But I know that's wrong because all she wants is my attention, and I shoudn't put her up in bed with me because she will not respect me in the pack order. But it is so much easier to do this to solve her barking.

I am in a small apartment (jr one bedroom) so there are no other places to put her without shoving her into the walk in closet. :(

I've been tempted to not let her sleep throughout the day so she will sleep for a long time at night :wink:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fizzys mum said:
xx-nathalie-xx said:
when my clock goes ...they are looking at me ,like "no mommy don't go out of bed " :D :D i leave them in the bed when i'm making myself ready for work .
lol my boy is just the same :lol:

Sometimes ( like today ) if i have to work early (8am) I leave fizzy in bed instead of taking him to my mums house , she then comes to collect him at 9.30am and has to get him up !! lazy boy ( can't say I blame him though lol)

Where do you get the lazy ones? That's my kind of personality! Sammy's dog trainer thinks that I should beat her to the punch in the morning, waking up even earlier then she does before she starts barking and giving her two kongs to occupy herself. I can just see this getting up earlier and earlier, kinda like a race. Except I will be the miserable one! I have yet to try it, because I am the lazy one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.